CBSE/SECY/SPS/2016/ December 10, 2016
Subject: Promotion of cashless transactions in the CBSE affiliated schools
The benefits of cashless transactions are enormous and the CBSE has introduced e-payment facilities for collection of fee for examination, affiliation and various activities including payments to its examination functionaries. The Board has been directing its affiliated schools to disburse salary to staff through bank transfers. Further, with a view to reduce cash transactions at school, all CBSE affiliated schools shall introduce fee collection from students only online or through non-cash mode from the next quarter commencing from January, 2017 onwards.
The schools should also make all payments for availing various services, procurements, wages to contractual workers and other transactions etc in non-cash mode. Further, schools may interact with the parents during the Parent Teachers Meeting to spread awareness about the benefits of non-cash transactions and motivate students of senior classes to undertake promotional initiatives in their neighbourhood to promote cashless transactions among common people.
Schools may organize various programmes like workshops, seminars, competitions such as essay writing, slogan writing, elocution etc. to create awareness and to inculcate the habit of adopting cash less payments in day to day life.
(Joseph Emmanuel) Secretary
Copy with a request to respective Heads of Directorates/KVS/NVS/CTSA as indicated below to disseminate the information to all concerned schools under their jurisdiction:
- Principals of the affiliated Schools of the Board.
- Secretary of the Society/ Trust of the school,
- The Commissioner, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, 78-lnstitutionol Area, Shaheed jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi -75.
- The Director of Public instructions (Schools), Union Territroy Secretariat, Sector 9, Chandigarh 160 017.
- The Director of Education ,Govt. of Sikkim, Gangtok, Sikkim-737101
- The Director of School Education, Govt. of Arunachal Pardesh, Itanagar-791111
- The director of Education , Govt. of A&N Islands, Port Blair- 744101.
- The Director of Education, S.I.E. CBSE Cell, VIP Road, Junglee Ghat, P.O 744103, A&N Islands.
- The Secretary, Central Tibetan School Administration, Ess Plaza, Community Centre, Sector 3 Rohini, Delhi-110085
- The Additional Director General of Army Education, A-Wing, Sena Bhawan, DHQ, PO, New Delhi 110001
- 1 The Secretary, AWES, Integrated Headquarters of MoD( Army),FDRC Building no 202 Shankar Vihar (Near APS) Delhi Cantt. 110010.
- The Under Secretary, (EE-1), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
- All Regional Directors/ Regional Officers of CBSE with the request to sent this circular to all the Heads of the affiliated schools of the Board in their respective regions.
- All additional Director/Joint Director/Deputy Director/Assistant Director, Academic Unit
- All additional Director/Joint Director/Deputy Director/Assistant Director, Vocational Cell
- The officer in charge of I.T. with the request to put this circular on the CBSE websites
- The Joint Secretary (Art & I) CBSE
- The Public Relation Officer CBSE
- The Assistant Director Hindi CBSE
- The EO to Chairman CBSE