BITSAT 2019 BITS Pilani
Results Admit Card Question Paper Answer Key Application Form Fees Eligibility Criteria Exam Dates Pattern Syllabus
BITSAT 2019 BITS Pilani Results Admit Card Question Paper Answer Key Application Form Fees Eligibility Criteria Exam Dates Pattern Syllabus
BITSAT-2019 is a Computer based online test for Admissions to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
The link to apply for BITSAT-2019 is now Open. The last date to apply online along with application fee is March, 2019
CLICK HERE to apply onlline.
The deadline of submission of BITSAT-2019 online application forms (with fee) is extended until March 2019
BITSAT 2019 Important Dates
Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2018 : First Week March 2019
Revision/editing in the application form by candidates : March 2019
Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : Mid March 2019
Candidates to reserve Test date and slot :March – First Week April 2019
Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions : Mid April – Mid May 2019
BITSAT Online tests : Mid May – End Of May 2019
Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences : Mid May – End Of June 2019
Admit List and Wait List announcement : July 2019
Cut-off BITSAT scores (Ist Semester 2016-17)
|The cut-off BITSAT scores after last iteration for admissions to I Semester 2016-17 to different programmes at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses are given below. This is given here for information on the request of many candidates. Candidates should note that the cut-off scores vary from year to year.|
Instruction BITSAT 2019 FEES
- Carefully read the brochure for eligibility conditions and other details. You can eitherdownload a copy of the brochure (pdf format).
- Read carefully all the instructions given in this page before proceeding to fill the online application form. You are advised to take aprint out of these instructions so that you can refer to the same while filling the online application form. Your responses will be recorded in BITS admissions server. After reading the instructions, click on the ‘Allow me to apply online’ button at the bottom of this page. (You may have to scroll down the page to see the link)
- After completing the form online, you can take a print out of the filled-in form for your future reference.The last date for applying by completing the online application form alongwith prescribed fee is March 2019. You are not required to send this form by post.
- While filling the online application form you will be asked for center preferences. You can choose the centers from within India or Dubai. If you choose centers within India you will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of the three. If you Choose Dubai as a center you will not be asked for any other center preference and you will be allotted Dubai Center only.
- If you choose centers within India, Application Fee for male candidates will be Rs.2750/- and for female candidates it will be Rs.2250/-. If you choose Dubai as a center, the Application Fee for both male and female candidates will be the same and will be US$60 (or Rs.4000/- Indian Rupees).
- Before printing out the filled-in application form, the system will generate aunique application number for you. Note down this number as it will be required for all future correspondences. If you do not have a printer attached to the computer while filling your online application, you can complete the application process and take the printout of the application form later by entering your personal details and the unique application number.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back‘ button on the tool bar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
- After successful completion of the application process, you may check the application fee payment status by Clicking Here.
- Candidate is allowed to fill and submit only one online application form. Multiple applications of a candidate is liable to be rejected.
- Before starting your online application keep ready scanned images of Photograph and Signature in the format ofjpg/jpeg Size of photo image must be between 10KB to 30KB. Size of signature image must be between 2KB to 20KB.
Payment Details:. The application fee is non-refundable. The fee can be paid using any of the following modes:
- Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards using Online Payment Gateway:All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa are accepted. More details are available on the payment page.
- Payment through Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway:participating banks list will be displayed once you choose to pay through this mode.
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in Slip: You can choose to pay through Cash at ICICI Bank branches. You have to just download the specially designed Pay-in-slip from the website on the payments page and walk-into any ICICI bank branch along with cash. The bank shall deposit cash and give you a confirmation receipt for the same.
For Foreign candidates not residing in India:.
- Payment by International Credit Cards and Debit Cardsusing Online Payment Gateway is accepted. More details are available on the payment page.
BITSAT 2019 Eligibility
- For admission to all the above programmes except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below:
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2019 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2019 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2019. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2019.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2019. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2019 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2019 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by Mid May, 2019.
BITS, Pilani ( Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses)
|BITSAT-2019 application Status||CLICK HERE|
|PhD On Campus / Part Time Application Status||CLICK HERE|
|MBA Application Status||CLICK HERE|
|FD International Form||CLICK HERE|
BITSAT-2019 Test Format:
BITSAT-2019 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
|Part III||:||(a) English Proficiency and||(b) Logical Reasoning|
|Part IV||:||Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)|
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
The questions are so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher. However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in the total score.
The questions will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
Each candidate who registers for BITSAT-2019 will be instructed to download a ‘H Candidates with the hall ticket only will be allowed inside the Test centers. All centers are
closely monitored for security reasons and candidates’ identity will be and recorded activities IV using web cameras and/or closed circuit TV cameras fitted in the test centers. Candidate’s finger print and photograph will be taken at the time of the test and will be matched at the time of admission. Anyone violating the rules of the test center will not be allowed to continue with the test and will automatically be disqualified.
The BITSAT-2019 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. The detailed syllabus is given in the Annexure. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT-2019 will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
- BITSAT score report:
At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The candidate can also check and print his score report at the BITS admission website after all the tests are completed. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
- Merit List for Admission:
As explained earlier, a candidate who has appeared in BITSAT-2019 will be eligible for admission only if he/she gets the required minimum marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of 12th examination as per the eligibility criteria described already. All candidates who have appeared in BITSAT-2019 and are interested in admission will be required to submit Admission application with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered, starting from 20th May 2019 till 30th June 2019. The details of this will be made available in the BITS admission website by 20th May 2019.
The merit position of such eligible candidates (i.e., those who have appeared in BITSAT-2019 and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 12th marks, preferences and the required fees) will be prepared on the basis of their scores in BITSAT-2019. There will be two separate merit lists prepared for admission. One for all the programmes except the B.Pharm. and, the other only for B.Pharm. The cases of bracketing, if any, will be dealt with as described below:
When the score of two candidates are the same, first their scores obtained in Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) in BITSAT-2019 will be considered for separating them, If the tie still exists, then their scores in Physics in BITSAT-2019 will be considered for separating them. Further tie is eliminated using their scores in Chemistry. Finally, their PCM/PCB(for B.Pharm) total marks in 12th examination will be considered for their separation.
BITSAT 2019 IMPORTANT NOTES
- Candidates who do not have any of the following marks/scores at the time of applying, can submit the application:
- SAT score (yet to take SAT)
- Qualifying examination results (appearing in qualifying examination in 2019).
They MUST submit the SAT score/qualifying examination result as early as possible, but NOT later than the dates given below:
- SAT score – June 25, 2019.
- Qualifying examination (Grade 12) results – September 15, 2019.
- Qualifying examination (Grade 12) marks should be uploaded on the website by 25thJune, 2019 if results are announced.
- If a candidate fails to furnish any of these by the specified date or fails to meet the eligibility criteria (i.e. secures less than specified minimum in Class 12 (only) and/or SAT test and thus becomes ineligible), his/her admission would stand cancelled. See Refund Policy for fees refunds.
- Candidates for whom one or both of the above qualifying scores are not available at the time of making admission, would be considered and may be offered‘provisional admission’ based on their SAT Subject test’s score.
- The“provisional admission” would be confirmed after the missing score/s is/are received, found to meet the stipulated eligibility requirements, and all other stipulated admission requirements are complete.
- Candidates who do not have SAT Subject Test scores (or yet to take the SAT Subject Tests) should provide SAT Subject Test scores by March 15, 2019 to be included in the merit list.
BITSAT 2019 Admission Process
Candidates applying to the undergraduate programme at BITS-Pilani are required to:
- Appear for Grade 12 (qualifying) examination, Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) and SAT subject tests (in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2).
- Request College Board to send SAT scores to BITS-Pilani (DI code: 7759 – BITS Pilani). The SAT Subject scores must be received by March 15, 2019 and the SAT scores must be received no later than June 25, 2019.
- Fill the application form online before 15thMarch, 2019.
- Upload the required documents such as Grade 12 marks sheets, photograph, copies of passport, etc. (if transcripts are not available, submit by September 15, 2019).
- Submit the application and pay the application fee.
- On receipt of the completed application and application fee, an acknowledgement will be sent to the candidate via email. During processing of the form, additional or missing information may be requested. Please quote the application number in all your correspondences related to admissions.
- The merit position of all eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of their SAT subject test scores.
- Candidates may also be interviewed before offering admission.
Offer letters will be sent to students in the 2nd week of April, 2019 with details of reporting date, campus (Pilani, Goa or Hyderabad), scholarship and other requirements. Students will be given ten days to accept the offer and pay the first semester fees.
Once the fee is paid, BITS would send admission letters and the student should then apply for VISA using the admission letter from BITS.
BITSAT-2019 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)||Responses|
|I am unable to access the Online application. Can you send the application form by email or post?||The application cannot be sent by email/post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help with details.|
|I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for BITSAT.||Candidates can write BITSAT 2019 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program. They will not be eligible for any other first degree program of institute.|
|I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a printout. How can I get a printout now?||You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.|
|I have made a mistake while entering some data in my application form. How can I edit/correct it?||The link for editing the application form will be made available on the website during 7th March till 10th March 2019 and you can edit the required fields during this period.|
|My 12th exam results are not expected before 30th June. Should I apply for BITSAT-2019?||For admissions to I semester staring in August, you should have your result before 30th June. Keeping that in mind, you may appear in BITSAT-2019.|
|I passed 12th in 2017. I didn’t get 75% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks?||If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.|
|What are the tuition and other fees and expenses?||The fee details for 2019-18 are yet to be finalized. The details will be available at BITS admission website by 20th May 2019.|
|I passed 12th exam in 2017. Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT-2019?||As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for BITSAT -2019.|
|I had appeared in BITSAT-2017 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in BITSAT-2019?||Yes, as advertised. Subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for BITSAT-2019.|
|What is the application procedure for NRIs?||There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under International students admissions scheme. For more details Click Here.|
|What is the application procedure for candidates with foreign qualifications?||There is no separate procedure for those candidates who wish to be admitted through BITSAT. They have to apply similar to Indian students and to provide an equivalence certificate from AIU at the time of applying for Admissions later.|
|How am I Eligible for admission to M.Sc. programmes after 12th?||The M.Sc. programmes are 4-year integrated programme after 12th. There is no intermediate B.Sc. degree awarded.|
|I have passed 12th in the year 2015 (or earlier). I am now doing my higher studies (B.Sc./B.E./Diploma) in another college. Can I apply for BITSAT-2019?||You are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2019.|
|Does any other university admit students based on BITSAT-2019 score?||Yes, There are universities which admit students using BITSAT-2019 scores. Click here to know more.|
BITSAT Cut-off BITSAT scores (Ist Semester 2016-17)
The cut-off BITSAT scores after last iteration for admissions to I Semester 2016-17 to different programmes at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses are given below. This is given here for information on the request of many candidates. Candidates should note that the cut-off scores vary from year to year.
BITSAT Degree programme at Pilani Campus
BITSAT Cut-off BITSAT-2016 score
B.E. Electrical & Electronics
B.E. Computer Science
B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation
M.Sc. Biological Sciences
BITSAT Degree programme at Goa Campus
BITSAT Cut-off BITSAT-2016 score
B.E. Electrical and Electronics
B.E. Computer Science
B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation
M.Sc. Biological Sciences
BITSAT Degree programme at Hyderabad Campus
BITSAT Cut-off BITSAT-2016 score
B.E. Electrical and Electronics
B.E. Computer Science
B.E. Electronics & Communication
B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation
M.Sc. Biological Sciences
BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019 BITSAT 2019
BITSAT: Salient Features
|The candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the monitor and the candidate submits his answers through the use of key board or mouse.|
|The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test, in real time through a reliable connectivity.|
|The online tests are conducted at several centers in India, during May-June every year.|
|Candidate can choose the center, the date and time for the test, as per his/her convenience, while applying for the tests.|
|The advertisement calling for applications are normally released in December every year.|
|The score is made available to the candidate on the screen immediately after the test and thus is designed to be transparent.|
|The test will have Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical reasoning, and Mathematics/Biology parts and is of 3 hours duration.|
|All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions) and based on current NCERT syllabus.|
|The test is so designed that it doesn’t require the candidate to have any special computer skill.|
|A sample test is made available to the registered candidates at the BITS Website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired during March-April every year.|
|The questions are selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets, but of same difficulty level and content.|
|BITSAT uses latest technologies for security and test delivery. The architecture uses high end servers, firewalls and latest softwares.|
ENTRANCE EXAM 2018
MEDICAL | ENGINEERING | MBA MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 | LAW ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 | MEDIA & JOURNALISM ENTRANCE EXAM | ARCHITECTURE ENTRANCE EXAM | NATA 2018 | ARTS FASHION DESIGN ENTRANCE EXAM NIFT 2018
MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 AIIMS 2018 AIPVT 2018 AIPMT NEET 2018
- AIPMT NEET 2018– All India Pre-Medical/ Pre-Dental Entrance Test 2018
- Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus AIPMT NEET 2018
- AIIMS 2018 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam MBBS, BDS, Dental 2018
- Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus AIIMS 2018
- AIPVT 2018 – All India Pre-Veterinary Test 2018
- Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus AIPVT 2018
- Question Papers Medical Exams MBBS AIPMT 2018 AIIMS 2018 AIPVT 2018
ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 JEE MAIN 2018 | JEE ADVANCED 2018 | GATE 2018 | BITSAT 2018
- JEE Main 2018 Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2018
- JEE Main 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- JEE Advanced Exam 2018 IIT 2018
- JEE Advanced Exam 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- GATE 2018 GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING 2018
- GATE 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- BITSAT 2018 BITS Pilani 2018
- BITSAT 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- IPU CET 2017 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
MBA MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 CAT 2018 | XAT 2018 | IIFT 2018 | NMAT GMAC 2018
- CAT 2018 Common Admission Test 2018
- CAT 2018 Common Admission Test 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- XAT 2018 Xavier Admission Test 2018
- XAT 2018 Xavier Admission Test 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- IIFT 2018 Indian Institute of Foreign Trade 2018
- IIFT 2018 Indian Institute of Foreign Trade 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- NMAT 2018 GMAC Narsee Monjee Admission Test 2018
- NMAT 2018 GMAC Narsee Monjee Admission Test 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
LAW ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 | CLAT 2018 | AILET 2018 | LSAT 2018
- CLAT 2018 Common Law Admission Test 2018
- CLAT 2018 Common Law Admission Test 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- AILET 2018 National Law University Delhi 2018
- AILET 2018 – National Law University Delhi 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
- LSAT 2018 Law School Admission Test 2018
- LSAT 2018 – Law School Admission Test Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
MEDIA & JOURNALISM ENTRANCE EXAM | IIMC 2018
- IIMC 2018 India Institute of Mass Communication 2018
- IIMC 2018 India Institute of Mass Communication Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
ARCHITECTURE ENTRANCE EXAM | NATA 2018
- NATA 2018 National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018
- NATA 2018 National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
ARTS FASHION DESIGN ENTRANCE EXAM NIFT 2018
- NIFT 2018 National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Test 2018
- NIFT Admission 2018 National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Test 2018 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Apply, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus