Downlaod CHSL (10+2) Exam Model Papers Mock Test -5 General Awareness
Downlaod CHSL (10+2) Exam Model Papers Mock Test -5 General Awareness
1. The Landmines Treaty became a global law in September 1998 with the approval of
(b) Burkina Faso
2. Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi won two doubles Grand Slams in 1999. Which were they?
(a) Australian Open and French Open
(b) French Open and Wimbledon
(c) Wimbledon and Australian Open
(d) U.S. Open and French Open
3. Who created a world record for the maximum number of dismissals in Test Cricket as a Wicket Keeper?
(a) Alan Knott
(b) Rodney Marsh
(c) Ian Healy
(d) Moin Khan
4. Who invented optical fibre?
(a) Samuel Cohen
(b) Narinder Kapany
(c) Percy L.Spencer
(d) T.H. Maimah
5. Who amongst the following is renowned in the field of painting?
(a) Parveen Sultana
(b) Prof. T.N. Krishnan
(c) Ram Kinkar
(d) Raja Ravi Varma
6. Who amidst the following won the Nobel Prize in Science in two different disciplines?
(a) Russell Hulse
(b) David Lee
(c) Madam Curie
(d) Paul Boyer
7. Who is the author of “The Company of Women”?
(a) John Gray
(b) David Baldacci
(c) Dick Francis
(d) Khushwant Singh
8. In the 13th Lok Sabha elections in which of the following states did the ruling alliance won all the seats?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
9. Who represented India in the Second Round Table Conference?
(a) Aruna Asaf Ali
(b) Sucheta Kripalani
(c) Sarojini Naidu
(d) Kalpana Joshi
10. The rulers of which dynasty started the practice of granting tax-free villages to Brahmanas and Buddhist Monks?
11. The Bandung Conference was a major milestone in the history of
(a) The Non-aligned movement
(b) Indo-Chinese relationship
(c) U.S.-Vietnam War
(d) Creation of ASEAN
12. The most important text of vedic mathematics is
(a) Satapatha Brahman
(b) Atharva Veda
(c) Sulva Sutras
(d) Chhandogya Upanishad
13. Which of the following Indian States is broadly as large as the European nation Austria?
(b) West Bengal
14. Which of the following districts is on the international border of India?
15. The deposits of the ancient Tethys Sea were folded to form the
16. The largest irrigation canal in India is called the
(a) Yamuna canal
(b) Sirhand canal
(c) Indira Gandhi canal
(d) Upper Ban Doab canal
17. Atmospheric pressure exerted on earth is due to
(a) rotation of earth
(b) revolution of earth
(c) gravitational pull
(d) uneven heating of earth
18. Pruning is an essential part in cultivation of
19. Operating surplus arises in the
(a) Government sector
(b) Production for self-consumption
(c) Subsistence farming
(d) Enterprise sector
20. The most important of the non-tariff trade barriers are:
(b) Health regulations
(c) Pollution standards
(d) Labelling and packaging regulations
21. The maximum area under crops in India is used for the cultivation of:
22. Investment is equal to:
(a) gross total of all types of physical capital assets
(b) gross total of all capital assets minus wear and tear
(c) stock of plants, machines and equipments
(d) None of the above
23. The Tarapore Committee recommended that before capital account was made convertible the rate of inflation should be brought down for three years to within :
24. Who among the following are not appointed by the President of India?
(a) Governors of States
(b) Chief Justice and Judges of High Court
(d) Chief Justice and Judges of Supreme Court
25. What is the period within which a proclamation of national emergency made by the President is to be placed before each house of the Parliament for approval?
(a) within one month
(b) within two months
(c) within four months
(d) within six months
26. What was the exact constitutional position of the Indian Republic when the Constitution was brought into force with effect from 26th January, 1950?
(a) A Democratic Republic
(b) A Sovereign Democratic Republic
(c) A Sovereign Secular Democratic Republic
(d) A Sovereign Secular Socialist Democratic Republic
27. Fabianism is closely related to:
(b) Scientific socialism
(c) Democratic socialism
28. A federal structure for India was first put forward by the
(a) Act of 1909
(b) Act of 1919
(c) Act of 1935
(d) Act of 1947
29. Which Writ is issued by a High Court or the Supreme Court to compel an authority, to perform a function that it was not performing?
(a) Writ of Certiorari
(b) Writ of Habeas Corpus
(c) Writ of Mandamus
(d) Writ of Quo Warranto
30. In case of a disagreement between the two Houses of Parliament over a non-money bill
(a) the bill will lapse
(b) the President may sign it into a law
(c) the President may call a joint sitting of both the Houses to consider it.
(d) the President may ask both the Houses to reconsider it.
31. Commercial nitric acid is coloured because it contains dissolved
(b) Nitrous oxide
(c) Nitrogen dioxide
(d) Coloured impurities
32. Fertiliser having high nitrogen content is
(b) Ammonium sulphate
(c) Ammonium nitrate
(d) Calcium citrate
33. Quantity of fresh air required for a man is
(a) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 20 minutes
(b) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 20 seconds
(c) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 10 minutes
(d) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 10 seconds
34. A compact disc (CD) is a data storage system of the type
(d) Electro mechanical
35. Surface tension in a liquid is due to
(a) Adhesive force between molecules
(b) Cohesive force between molecules
(c) Gravitational force between molecules
(d) Electrical force between molecules.
36. A circular plate, a cube and a sphere, all made up of same material and having the same mass, are heated to 300°C and left in a room. Which of them will have the slowest rate of cooling?
(a) Circular plate
(d) All will cool at the same rate
37. Where does the oxygen that keeps us alive come from?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Carbonates absorbed from soil
(c) Oxides of minerals
38. Reserpine is used to
(a) reduce high blood pressure
(b) increase blood pressure when it is low
(c) alleviate pain
(d) cure arthritis
39. ‘ELISA’ test is employed to diagnose:
(a) Polio virus
(b) AIDS antibodies
(c) Tuberculosis bacterium
40. Why excessive heating and repeated use of cooking oil is most undesirable?
(a) The oil vapours can cause indoor pollution
(b) Carcinogenic substances like benzpyrene are produced
(c) Nutrient value of food is lost
(d) Loss and wastage of oil
41. The gas used for artificial fruit ripening of green fruit is –
42. Optic fibres are used in
(a) CAT scans
(b) X-ray photos
(c) Ultrasound scans
43. The three elements most needed in common fertilisers are
(a) Sulphur, Phosphorous and Sodium
(b) Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorous
(c) Phosphorous, Sodium and Nitrogen
(d) Calcium, Phosphorous and Potassium
44. What was the ultimate goal of Mahatma Gandhi’s Salt Satyagraha?
(a) repeal of Salt Satyagraha
(b) curtailment of the Government’s power
(c) economic relief to the common people
(d) ‘Purna Swaraj’ for India
45. Who persuaded the ratings of the RIN (Royal India Navy) to surrender on the 23rd February 1946?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel and M.A. Jinnah
(d) Morarji Desai and J.B. Kripalani
46. On September 20,.1932 Mahatma Gandhi began a fast unto death in Yervada Jail against
(a) British repression of the Satyagrahis.
(b) Violation of the GandhiIrwin Pact.
(c) Communal award of Ramsay MacDonald.
(d) Communal riots in Calcutta.
47. In 1939, for the first time, Gandhiji tried out his specific techniques of controlled mass struggle in a native state. He allowed a close associate of his to lead a satyagraha. Who was he?
(a) K. T. Bhashyam in Mysore
(b) Jamnalal Bajaj in Jaipur
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel in Rajkot
(d) Nebakrushna Chaudhri in Dhenkanal
48. What is Obra known for?
(a) a new refinery
(b) a new aluminium plant
(c) a bird sanctuary
(d) a thermal power station
49. What is NABARD’s primary role?
(a) to provide term loans to state co-operative banks
(b) to assist state governments for share capital contribution
(c) to act as refinance institution
(d) All of the above
50. Where is the National Institute of Excellence in the field of Information Technology and Allied Sciences proposed to be set up?
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (d) 6. (c) 7. (d) 8. (c) 9. (c) 10. (a) 11. (a) 12. (c) 13. (b) 14. (b) 15. (a)
16. (c) 17. (c) 18. (d) 19. (d) 20. (b) 21. (b) 22. (a) 23. (a) 24. (c) 25. (a) 26. (b) 27. (c) 28. (c)
29. (c) 30. (c) 31. (b) 32. (a) 33. (b) 34. (a) 35. (b) 36. (c) 37. (a) 38. (d) 39. (b) 40. (b)
41. (b) 42. (d) 43. (b) 44. (d) 45. (c) 46. (c) 47. (c) 48. (d) 49. (d) 50. (b)
SSC 2018 CGL CHSL Stenographers JE CAPF SI ASI CISF NIA JHT Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
Staff Selection Commision Examinations (SSC EXAMS)
- SSC CGL 2018–
- Combined Graduate Level Examination 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- SSC CHSL 2018-
- Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- SSC Stenographers 2018–
- Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- SSC JE – Junior Engineers 2018-
- (Civil,Mechanical,Electrical & Quality Surveying & Contact) Examination 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- SSC CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces 2018-
- SI – Sub-Inspector, ASI – Asst. Sub-Inspector, CISF 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- SSC Constable (GD) 2018
- in CAPFs, NIA &SSF and Rifleman (GD) 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- SSC JHT – Junior Hindi Translators 2018
- Junior Translators,Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak Examination 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- Other Examinations MTS Multi Tasking
- Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) MTS Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- Manager Grade -II and Halwai cum Cook
- Research Assistant. Gr.II
- Departmental Examinations UDC LDC
- UPPER Lower DIVISION CLERK UDC LDC Eligibility Criteria | Important Dates | Exam Pattern | SSC Syllabus 2018 | Question Paper 2017 | Results | Answer Key
- Departmental Competitive Examination of UDC
- GRADE ‘C’ STENOGRAPHER