Functions of SSC
Functions of SSC
1. To make recruitment to (i) all Group “B” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10,500 or below and (ii) all non-technical Group “C” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices, except those posts which are specifically exempt from the purview of the Staff Selection Commission.
2. To conduct examinations and/or interviews, whenever required for recruitment to the posts within its purview. The examinations would be held as far as possible at different centres and successful candidates posted, to the extent possible, to their home State/Region.
3. In particular, to hold Open Competitive Examinations for recruitment to the posts of:
(i) Lower Division Clerks in the various Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India including those participating in the Central Secretariat Clerical Service /Indian Foreign Service (B), Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service and the Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service;
(ii) Grade “C” and Grade ‘D” Stenographers of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent Grades of Indian Foreign Service (B) Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Head quarters Stenographers Service and to the posts of Stenographers in other Departments including Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India not participating in the aforesaid Services;
(iii) Assistants in the various Ministries/Departments including Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India including those participating in the Central Secretariat Service/ IFS (B)/ Railway Board Secretariat Service/Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service;
(iv) Inspectors of Central Excise in different Collectorates of Central Excise, Inspectors of Income-Tax in different charges of the Commissioners of Income-Tax, Preventive Officers and Examiners in different Custom Houses, Assistant Enforcement Officers in Directorate of Enforcement;
(v) Sub-Inspectors in , Central Bureau of Investigation and Central Police Organisations;
(vi) Divisional Accountants, Auditors and Accountants under the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India and other Accounts Departments and Upper Division Clerks in Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India.
(vii) Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD, a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, General Central Services (Technical) post.
(viii) Statistical Investigators, Grade IV of Subordinate Statistical Service (SSC), a Group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
(ix) Tax Assistant ( a Group C non – Gazetted Ministerial post in various Commissionerates of Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs )
(x) Section Officer ( Commercial Audit), a Group “B” Non-gazetted post in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department
(xi) Section Officer (Audit) , a Group B Non-Gazetted post in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General
(4). The Commission also holds Departmental Examination for promotion from:
(i) Group “D” to Lower Division Clerk Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Force Hqrs. Clerical Service;
(ii) Lower Divisional Clerks to Upper Divisional Clerks Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Clerical Service;
(iii) Stenographers Grade “D” to Stenographers Grade “C” of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Stenographers Service.
5. The Commission conducts periodical Typewriting Tests in English and Hindi.
6. The Commission prepares schemes for recruitment to all Group “B” posts which are in the pay scale of Rs 9300 to 34800 with a grade pay of Rs 42000 or below and Group “C” non-technical posts in the Ministries/Departmental of the Govt. of India including its Attached and Subordinate Offices in consultation with the Departments concerned.
7. The Commission conducts examinations/selections for recruitment to all Group “B” posts which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10, 500 or below and all Group “C” non-technical posts in the Ministries/Departments of the Govt. from time to time.
8. The Commission performs such other functions as may be entrusted to it by the Central Govt. from time to time.
Staff Selection Commision Examinations (SSC EXAMS)
- CGL – Combined Graduate Level Examination
- CHSL – Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination
- Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination
- JE – Junior Engineers (Civil,Mechanical,Electrical & Quality Surveying & Contact) Examination
- CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces, SI – Sub-Inspector, ASI – Asst. Sub-Inspector, CISF
- Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA &SSF and Rifleman (GD)
- JHT – Junior Hindi Translators,Junior Translators,Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak Examination
- Manager Grade -II and Halwai cum Cook
- Research Assistant. Gr.II
- Multitasking(non technical)
- Departmental Competitive Examination of UDC
- GRADE ‘C’ STENOGRAPHERS
SSC CGL CHSL Stenographers JE CAPF SI ASI CISF NIA JHT Notification Syllabus Result Apply Exam Pattern Eligibility Admit Card Question Paper Answer
SSC JHT 2017 Result Paper 2 Combined Recruitment Of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator And Hindi Pradhyapak Exam 2017
New Pattern Class 10th Sample Question Paper 2017-18 & Marking Scheme Latest Board Model Paper Class 10th Free PDF Download
COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL 2016 CGL EXAM 2016 LIST OF CANDIDATES IN MERIT ORDER RECOMMENDED FOR APPOINTMENT FOR THE POST OF CODE H, I, X, Y ASSISTANT IN OTHER MINISTRIES
RECRUITMENT Result SI IN DELHI POLICE, CAPFS AND ASI IN CISF EXAM 2017 ORDER QUALIFIED PAPER-1 FEMALE CANDIDATES IN ROLL NO. APPEARING IN PAPER-2