SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS
SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS Circular Safety in School 12.09.2017
- Annexure-1 (09.10.2014)
- Annexure-2 (16.02.2004)
- Annexure-3 (26.07.2004)
- Annexure-4 (14.07.2009)
- Annexure-5 (05.04.2010)
- Annexure-6 (08.06.2012)
- Annexure-7 (13.03.2013)
- Annexure-8 (06.02.2014)
- Annexure-9 (09.03.2015)
- Annexure-10 (31.10.2016)
- Annexure-11 (23.02.2017)
- As the children are spending most of their time in school, the concern of parents about the safety of school children is increasing every other day regarding their physical safety, mental & emotional health or child abuse owing to increasing incidents involving safety and wellbeing of school children. The onus for safety and security of children in school campus shall solely lie upon the school authorities. It is a fundamental right of a child to engage and study in an environment where he/she feels safe and is free from any form of physical or emotional abuse or harassment.
- Moreover, the schools should also strive to promote a better understanding amongst their teachers and staff on the laws protecting the safety, security and interests of the students and device means to take immediate remedial and punitive action against such violations. The staff members should also be educated to recognize their protective obligation towards students and to ensure safety and well being of children in schools.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India has issued a comprehensive set of guidelines vide D. O. letter No. 10-11/2014-EE.4 dated 09.10.2014 (Annexure-1) regarding preventive mechanisms and procedures for institutionalizing a system to ensure safety and security of children in schools.
- The Board has also from time to time issued instructions to implement and sensitize the schools for ensuring the safety and security of students during school time and while in transit to school and back home (please see reference quoted above).
- These exhaustive provisions are required to be strictly followed by every school affiliated with CBSE to ensure complete safety of school children in school. In addition, the school authorities may immediately take following measures to enhance the security of children in Schools:
- Get the security /safety audit done of their premises and personnel from their respective local police station and follow the security related advice for the safety of School children. This may be complied and reported online on CBSE website cbse.nic.in within 2 months of receipt of this circular.
- Install CCTV Cameras at all vulnerable areas/point in the School premises and ensure they are functional at all times.
- They must get the police verification and psychometric evaluation done for all the staff employed. Such verification and evaluation for non-teaching staff such as, bus drivers, conductors, peon and other support staff may be done very carefully and in a detailed manner.
- Ensure that supporting staff is employed only from authorized agencies and proper records are maintained.
- To constitute a parent-teacher-students committee to address the safety needs of the students and to take regular feedback from parents in this regard.
- The access to school building by outsiders should be controlled and visitors monitored.
- To provide training and development for staff to address their responsibilities to protect children from any form of abuse.
- The school shall constitute separate committees for redressal of public/staff/parents/students grievances, Internal Complaints committee on sexual harassment and committees under POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offence) Act, 2012 and details of the these committees along with contact details shall be displayed prominently on School Notice Board and conspicuously on the school website for information of all stakeholders.
- It is reiterated, that all schools affiliated with CBSE are hereby directed to strictly adhere to all the guidelines issued by MHRD and Board from time to time. Any violation/lapses with regard to safety and well being of children in school campus would invite appropriate action including the disaffiliation of the school as per the provisions under Affiliation Bye-Laws of the Board.
CBSE News, Notifications, Latest CBSE Academic Circulars 2018-19
CBSE Class 10th Results 2018, CBSE Board Result | Expected Date 28th May – 30th May, 2018 Check CBSE Class 10th Results 2018 to be announced around 28th to 30th May, 2018 (CBSE Board – cbseresults.nic.in 10th Result Science, Commerce, Arts 2018), as per the Central Board Of Secondary Education last year trend the CBSE 10th Result 2018 is supposed to be declared around the same date as was the last year @cbseresults.nic.in. For latest updates on CBSE ...
CBSE Class 12th Results 2018, CBSE Board Result Science, Commerce, Arts | Expected Date 28th May – 30th May, 2018 Check CBSE 12th Result 2018 to be announced around 28th to 30th May, 2018 (CBSE Board – cbseresults.nic.in 12th Result Science, Commerce, Arts 2018), as per the Central Board Of Secondary Education last year trend the CBSE 12th Result 2018 is supposed to be declared around the same date as was the last year @ cbseresults.nic.in. For latest updates ...
Passing Criteria For Class 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th CBSE – Grading, Eligibility, Compartment Following is the Passing Criteria For Class 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th CBSE – Grading, Eligibility, Compartment as is on given on the official website of Central Board Of Secondary Education – Rules for admission / promotion to class 10th, 11th, 12th Note: CBSE Secondary Classes are 9th & 10th | CBSE Senior Classes are 11th & 12th 37. General Conditions ...
CBSE Re-Exam Date 12th Economics – 25th April, 2018, 10th Maths No Re-Exam CBSE is going to take Re-Exam for Economics class 12th on 25 April,2018 and CBSE to take Re-Exam for Maths class 10th No Re-Exam NCERT BOOKSClass 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th PDF Download – CBSE Books NCERT SOLUTIONS For Class 12th 11th 10th 9th 8th 7th 6th PDF Download Free All Grades CBSE CIRCULARS2018| Academic Circulars 2017, ...
Reconduct of Economics 12th, Maths 10th – CBSE Re-Exam dates April, 2018 CBSE is going to take Re-Exam for class 12th Economics & class 10th Mathematics (Maths), date for re conducyion of exam will be in April, 2018. CBSE Re-Exam Date 12th Economics – 25th April, 2018, 10th Maths No Re-Exam ...