IES Age Limits UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Age Limits
UPSC IES Age Limits UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical has eligibility criteria for the candidates to be able to attempt the IES ISS exam on the basis of about UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Criteria on Age Limit are as follows:
Age Limits – IES Eligibility Criteria UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Conditions
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2018 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1997.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate has ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof ;
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment;up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and have been released : (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2018 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account or misconduct or inefficiency; or (ii) on account of Physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment; from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness.”
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(II)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K and (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
- The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
- The age concession under para 3(II)(b)(v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on their own request.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of age relaxation under para 3(II)(b)(vii) above, a person with Benchmark Disability will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority as the case may be, may prescribed) if found to satisfy the requirement of physical and medical standard for the concerned Services/ Posts to be allocated to the persons with Benchmark Disability by the Government.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED The date of birth, accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or
Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Service Records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission, and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Candidates should also note that once Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.