Central Armed Police Forces has eligibility criteria for the candidates to be able to attempt the CAPF exam on the basis of Nationality, Age, Sex/ Gender, Marital Status. Detailed information about CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria on Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, Physical Standards are as follows:
CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Central Armed Police Forces Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, Physical Standards
(a) Nationality :
No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules.
Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status – CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Sex : Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2018, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1993 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989.
Note 1 :
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clause of Para 3(III)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Civilian Central Government Servants/Ex-Servicemen and persons domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir, will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
- The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-Servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
- The term “Civilian Central Government Servants” in Para 3 (III)(b)(iii) above will apply to persons who are defined as “Government Servants” in the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965 as amended from time to time.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instructions includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- Candidates should note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidate should exercise due care while entering their Date of Birth in Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their Date of Birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination Certificate, disciplinary action will be taken by the Commission under the Rules.
(c) Educational Qualifications – CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria :
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination in the year 2018 will also be eligible for admission to the examination. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination if otherwise eligible but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted online by the candidates who after qualifying on the result of the written part of the examination are also declared qualified in the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
- In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate, provided that he/she has passed an examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
(d) Physical Standards – CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Restriction on re-appearance of candidates finally selected/ recommended earlier:
A candidate who has been finally selected on the basis of an earlier examination to the post of Assistant Commandants in any of the forces participating in the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination will not be eligible to appear at a subsequent examination for recruitment of Assistant Commandants in the participating CAPFs.
Physical Standards : Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants), Examination, 2018 specified in Appendix-V of the Notice.
(e) Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificates :
Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificate will be a desirable qualification. These qualifications will be given consideration at the time of Interview/Personality Test only.