Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Pattern 2018 UPSC Geologist Exam Scheme Syllabus
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Pattern 2018 GENERAL ENGLISH, Geology Paper 1, 2, 3, Geophysics, Chemistry and Hydrogeology PDF Download, UPSC Geologist Exam Scheme Syllabus detail is given below:
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The examination shall be conducted according to the following Plan :
Part I. – Written examination in the subjects as set out in para 2 below.
Part II. – Interview/ Personality Test of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
The following will be the subjects for the written examination, for selection to the post of Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist Group ‘A’ in GSI and Junior Hydro-geologist (Scientist ‘B’), Group ‘A’ for Central Ground Water Board.
|1.||General English (common for all category)||3 hrs||100|
|Category – 1 For the post of Geologist|
|2.||Geology Paper I||3 hrs||200|
|3.||Geology Paper II:||3 hrs||200|
|4.||Geology Paper III:||3 hrs||200|
|Category – 2 For the post of Geophysicist|
|2.||Geophysics Paper I:||3 hrs||200|
|3.||Geophysics Paper II:||3 hrs||200|
|4.||Geophysics Paper III:||3 hrs||200|
|Category – 3 For the post of Chemist|
|2 .||Chemistry Paper I:||3 hrs||200|
|3 .||Chemistry Paper II:||3 hrs||200|
|4 .||Chemistry Paper III:||3 hrs||200|
|Category – 4 For the Post of Jr. Hydrogeologist|
|2 .||Geology Paper I||3 hrs||200|
|3 .||Geology Paper II||3 hrs||200|
- Candidates competing for selection to the posts of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects mentioned against respective category above.
- Candidates competing for selection for both the posts of Geologist and Jr. Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects mentioned against Categories 1 and 4 above.
- If any candidate failed to appear in any one or more of above papers, meant for written examination for selection to the post of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, their candidature shall stand rejected and part of written examination appeared by him/her shall not be evaluated and counted for any purpose.
- THE EXAMINATION IN ALL THE SUBJECTS WILL BE OF CONVENTIONAL (ESSAY) TYPE.
- All Question papers must be answered in English. The Question Papers will be set in English only.
- The standard and syllabus of the examination will be as shown in the Schedule.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances they will be allowed the help of scribe to write answers for them. However, blind candidates and the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) will be allowed to write Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination with the help of a scribe
Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the Blind candidates and the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) will also be allowed in the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- If a candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him/her.
- Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.
- In the question papers wherever necessary, questions involving the Metric System of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates should use only International form of Indian numerals (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc) while answering question papers.
- Candidates are permitted to bring and use battery operated pocket calculators for answering papers in this examination. Loaning or inter-changing of calculators in the Examination Hall is not permitted. Interview/Personality Test : The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/ her career. The object of the interview is to assess his/her suitability for the posts for which he/she has competed. Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assessing the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.