IES Age Limits Indian Engineering Services Attempts & Percentage Limit
Detail of IES Age Limits Indian Engineering Services Attempts & Percentage Limit is as follows:
(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, 2018 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1997.
(b) The upper age‐limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/ Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
- A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation. However, this relaxation will be admissible to a probationer so appointed provided he/she already retains a lien on a permanent post in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below.
- A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st August, 2018.
|Column 1||Column 2|
|Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)||I.R.S.E.|
|Directorate General Ordnance Factories||I.O.F.S. Group ‘A’|
|Central Electricity Authority||C.P.E.S. Gr ‘A’ & C.P.E.S. Gr ‘B’|
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highways||Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr. ‘A’|
|Ministry of Telecommunication and||Engineer in Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’|
|Information Technology, Deptt. of||Indian Telecommunication Service Group ‘A’,|
|Telecommunication||J.T.O. (G.C.S. Gr. ‘B’)|
|Central Water Commission||Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’|
|Border Roads Organisation||BRES Gr. ‘A’|
|Military Engineer Services||Indian Defence Service of Engineers (lDSE) Group ‘A’|
|The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Min of Defence.||AEE Gr ‘A’(Elect. Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.|
|Min of Defence, Deptt. of Defence Production, Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance||Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service(DAQAS) Gr ‘A’|
|Ministry of Skill Development &Entrepreneurship||Indian Skill Development Service|
|Indian Navy||Indian Naval Armament Service, Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I|
Note.— The period of apprenticeship if followed by appointment against a working post on the Railways may be treated as Railway Service for the purpose of age concession.
(c) The upper age‐limit prescribed above will be further relaxable :
- Up to maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Up to maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates. The closing date fixed for the receipt of the application will be treated as the date for determining the OBC status (including that of creamy layer) of the candidates.
- Up to maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
- Up to maximum of three years, in the case of Defence Services personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof.
- Up to maximum of five years in the case of Ex‐servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs, who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due) to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2018 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
- Up to maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of deaf‐mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons.
Important Note :
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Para 3(II)(c) above, viz., those coming under the category of Ex‐servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J&K, deaf‐mute and orthopedically handicapped etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative relaxation under both the categories.
- The term ex‐servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex‐servicemen in the Ex‐servicemen (Re‐ employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
- The age concession under Para 3(ii)(c)(v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex‐Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on own request.
- Notwithstanding the provision of age relaxation under Para 3(ii)(c)(vii) above, a physically handicapped candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Service/ Posts to be allocated to the physically handicapped candidate by the Government.
- A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his/her application form for Engineering Services Examination that he/she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Commission to change his/her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission.
Candidates seeking reservation/relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-Servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation/relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules/Notice. They should be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules/Notice or any other prima-facie proof in support of his/her claim in case of having a genuine difficulty of obtaining a certificate issued by the competent authority in support of his/her claim of reservation benefit. (Prescribed Format of Disability Certificate should be submitted by Physically Handicapped candidates as per Form IV of Department of Personnel & Training’s Office Memorandum No. 36035/1/2012-Estt.(Res.) dated 29.11.2013 as at Annexure-III).
While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap (say 2‐3 months) between the issuance of a Government Notifications enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from General to Reserved may be considered by the Commission on merit.
N.B.—The candidature of a person who is admitted to the examination under the age concession mentioned in Para 3(II)(b) above shall be cancelled if, after submitting his/her application he/she resigns from service or his/her services are terminated by his/her department/office either before or after taking the examination. He/she will, however, continue to be eligible if he/she is retrenched from the service or post after submitting his/her application. A candidate who after submitting his/her application to the department is transferred to other department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of matriculates maintained by a University, and that extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted along with the Detailed Application Forms which will be required to be sub‐ mitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of the written part of the examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT ONLY THE DATE OF BIRTH AS RECORDED IN THE MATRICULATION/SECONDARY EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE OR AN EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATE ON THE DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE COMMISSION AND NO SUBSEQUENT REQUEST FOR ITS CHANGE WILL BE CONSIDERED OR GRANTED.
- CANDIDATE SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT ONCE A DATE OF BIRTH HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THEM AND ENTERED IN THE RECORDS OF THE COMMISSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADMISSION TO AN EXAMINATION, NO CHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED SUBSEQUENTLY (OR AT ANY OTHER EXAMINATION OF THE COMMISSION) ON ANY GROUND WHATSOEVER.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD EXERCISE DUE CARE WHILE ENTERING THEIR DATE OF BIRTH IN THE RESPECTIVE COLUMN OF THE APPLICATION FORM. IF ON VERIFI‐ CATION AT ANY SUBSEQUENT STAGE, ANY VARIATION IS FOUND IN THEIR DATE OF BIRTH FROM THE ONE ENTERED IN THEIR MATRICU‐ LATION OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINA‐ TION CERTIFICATE, DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM BY THE COMMISSION UNDER THE RULES.
Related Posts : IES UPSC Indian Engineering Services
Download IES Admit Card 2019 – UPSC Engineering Services (Preliminary)
UPSC IES 2020, Indian Engineering Services (Preliminary) Exam 2020
Interview Schedule – Engineering Services Main Exam 2019
IES Main Written Results 2019 – UPSC Engineering Services
IES 2019 Results – UPSC Engineering Services Preliminary Written Results
IES Question Papers 2019 – UPSC Engineering Services Preliminary PDF Download