Important Dates for SSC SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF Exam 2019
- Submission of online applications: 17-09-2019 to 16-10-2019
- Last date for receipt of applications: 16-10-2019 (17:00)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 18-10-2019 (17:00)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 18-10-2019 (17-00)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 19-10-2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I): 11-12-2019 to 13-12-2019
- Date of Paper-II: to be notified later
Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET), Medical standard
Indicative syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examination:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics if any.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates‟ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension: Candidates‟ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
- English Language and Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate‟s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
Salary, Pay Scale, Posts Vacancies For SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF 2019
F.No.3/6/2019–P&P-II: The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF. Departmental candidates amongst Constables, Head Constables and Assistant Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police with minimum three years service, who shall not be more than 30 years (33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ ST) of age, may also apply for filling up of Departmental Vacancies of Sub-Inspector (Executive)-Male. The details of the posts are as under:
Salary, Pay Scale
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
- Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF: The post carries pay scale of Level-5 (Rs.29,200-92,300) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted).
- Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in >Candidate‟s Corner >Tentative Vacancy).
- Candidates selected for appointment for posts of SI in CAPFs and ASI in CISF are liable to serve anywhere in India.
Apply For SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF Exam 2019 – SSC Application Fee, Centres Of Exam
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 16-10-2019 (17:00).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
- Fee payable: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa MasterCard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branch by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 18-10-2019 (17:00). However, candidates who wish to make cash payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 19-10-2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 18-10-2019 (17:00).
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
- Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown as „Incomplete‟ and this information is printed on the top of the printout of online Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the “Payment Status” link provided in the candidate‟s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
Eligibility Criteria SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF Exam 2019 – Age Limits, Educational Qualifications, Nationality
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 4.2 and 4.3 above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
- Age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01.01.2020.
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit prescribed under Para 5.1 above and category codes for claiming age relaxation will be as follows:
Process of certification and format of certificates:
- Candidates who wish to be considered against reserved vacancies or seek age-relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format when such certificates are sought by concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission at the time of document verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ ESM etc. status will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under General (UR) category. The formats of the certificates are annexed. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted.
- A person seeking appointment on the basis of reservation to OBC/ EWS must ensure that he/ she possesses the caste/ community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the crucial date. The crucial date for this purpose will be the closing date for receipt of applications i.e. on 16-10-2019.
- Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Appointing Authority. Candidates are cautioned that they will be debarred from the examination conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim the status of SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ ESM/ Departmental candidates (of Delhi Police) etc.
- Crucial date for claim of SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS status will be the closing date for receipt of online applications i.e. 16-10-2019.
Educational Qualifications (as on 01-01-2020):
- Educational Qualification for all posts is Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.06.2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission.
- Further, as per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23.06.2017, under Part-I (2) (P), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
- Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 01-01-2020 will not be eligible and need not apply.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission in Computer Base Examination will be required to produce all relevant Certificates in original such as Mark sheets/ Provisional Degree/ Diploma Certificate as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2020 failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification.
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.