SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019- Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria, Age Limits, Apply, Exam Pattern, Syllabus are given below.
Important Dates for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019
- Date for submission of online applications: 20.09.2019 to 18.10.2019
- Last date for receipt of application: 18.10.2019 (17:00)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 20.10.2019 (17:00)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 20.10.2019 (17:00)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 22.10.2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination: 05.05.2020 to 07.05.2020
Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET), Medical standard
Syllabus – SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‟s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning/ General Awareness Paper.
- English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
- Skill Test in Stenography:
- The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination for the next stage will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography. The candidates
Exam Pattern – SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019
- The details of computer based examination are mentioned below:
|Date of Exam||Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|05.05.2020 to 07.05.2020|
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe as per Para-7 (a) and 7 (b) above)|
|III||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No: 1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- Tentative Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only, on payment of Rs 100/- per question. Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
Salary, Pay Scale, Posts Vacancies For SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF 2019
Salary, Pay Scale
The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade C (Group B, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade D (Group C) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. Only those candidates who have required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
Vacancies – SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019
- Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in>Candidate‟s Corner > Tentative Vacancy).
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade „C‟ and Stenographers Grade „D‟ are in Ministries/Departments/ Organizations of Central Government, including their Attached and Subordinate offices located in various States and Union Territories all over the country.
Apply For SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF Exam 2019 – SSC Application Fee, Centres Of Exam
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 10.2019 (17:00).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The Commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
Application Fees for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 10.2019 (17:00). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 22.10.2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 20.10.2019 (17:00).
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
- Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown „Incomplete‟ and this information is printed on the top of the printout of online Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the „Payment Status” link provided in the candidate‟s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
Eligibility Criteria SI in Delhi Police, ASI & CAPF in CISF Exam 2019 – Age Limits, Educational Qualifications, Nationality
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Age Limits for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Exam 2019
- Stenographer Grade „C‟: 18 to 30 years as on 01.2020
- Stenographer Grade „D‟: 18 to 27 years as on 01.2020
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit as specified in Para-5 (a) and 5 (b) above and category codes for claiming age relaxation are as follows:
Process of certification and format of certificates:
- Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age-relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, whenever such certificates are sought by concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices at the time of Document Verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD/ ESM, etc status will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under unreserved (UR) category. The formats of the certificates are annexed with the Notice of this Examination. The certificate of disability issued under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996) will also be valid. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted.
- A person seeking appointment on the basis of reservation to OBCs must ensure that he/ she possesses the caste/ community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the crucial date. The crucial date for this purpose will be the closing date for receipt of online application i.e. 10.2019.
- Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Appointing Authority. Candidates are cautioned that they will be debarred from the examination conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD/ ESM status.
- Crucial date for claim of SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD status will be closing date for receipt of online applications i.e. 10.2019.
Educational Qualifications (as on 01-01-2020):
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.06.2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission.
- As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23.06.2017, under Part-I (2) (P), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
- All candidates who are declared qualified in Computer Base Examination will be required to produce all the relevant Certificates in original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01.2020, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the Commission, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of the Notice of examination.
- Candidates who have not acquired/ will not acquire the essential qualification as on 01.2020 will not be eligible and need not apply.