The eligibility criteria for the SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination are crucial to check before applying. Here’s a detailed explanation of the eligibility criteria for SSC CGL:
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
Nationality for SSC CGL
- Citizenship: Candidates must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For Group B & C Posts (Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Auditor, etc.): Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old as of the specified cutoff date. In other words, the candidate’s date of birth should not be later than the cutoff date and should not be earlier than the specified date.
- For Group B Posts (Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer): Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old as of the specified cutoff date. There is no upper age limit for this post.
- For Group C Posts (Tax Assistant, Sub-Inspector, etc.): The age limit varies depending on the post, and candidates should refer to the official SSC CGL notification for specific details.
Educational Qualifications for SSC CGL
- Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
- Statistical Investigator Grade II:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
- All Other Posts:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Date of Birth: The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination certificate will be accepted as proof of age.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates should ensure that they possess the required educational qualifications at the time of applying for the examination.
- Nationality: The eligibility criteria for nationality include Indian citizens and certain categories of foreign nationals, as mentioned above.
- Age Relaxation: Age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories as per government rules. The specific age relaxation for various categories (e.g., SC/ST, OBC, PwD, Ex-Servicemen, etc.) will be mentioned in the official SSC CGL notification.
- Disqualifications: Candidates who have previously been debarred by the SSC from examinations are not eligible to apply.
- Physical Fitness: There are no specific physical fitness requirements for SSC CGL, as it is primarily a graduate-level examination.
It’s crucial for candidates to thoroughly understand the SSC CGL eligibility criteria to ensure they meet all the requirements before applying for the examination. Additionally, they should refer to the official SSC CGL notification for the specific year they are applying for to get the most up-to-date information regarding eligibility criteria and other important details related to the examination.