The eligibility criteria for the SSC JE (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) examination are important to understand before applying. Here’s a detailed explanation of the eligibility criteria for SSC JE:
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria, SSC Junior Engineer Eligibility Criteria
- Citizenship: Candidates must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical): Candidates must be between 18 and 32 years old as of the specified cutoff date. In other words, the candidate’s date of birth should not be later than the cutoff date and should not be earlier than the specified date.
Educational Qualifications in SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
- Junior Engineer (Civil):
- Candidates must have a Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical):
- Candidates must have a Diploma in Electrical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical):
- Candidates must have a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
- Date of Birth: The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination certificate will be accepted as proof of age.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates should ensure that they possess the required educational qualifications at the time of applying for the examination.
- Nationality: The eligibility criteria for nationality include Indian citizens and certain categories of foreign nationals, as mentioned above.
- Age Relaxation: Age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories as per government rules. The specific age relaxation for various categories (e.g., SC/ST, OBC, PwD, Ex-Servicemen, etc.) will be mentioned in the official SSC JE notification.
- Disqualifications: Candidates who have previously been debarred by the SSC from examinations are not eligible to apply.
It’s essential for candidates to thoroughly understand the SSC JE eligibility criteria to ensure they meet all the requirements before applying for the examination. Additionally, they should refer to the official SSC JE notification for the specific year they are applying for to get the most up-to-date information regarding eligibility criteria and other important details related to the examination.