Downlaod CHSL (10+2) Exam Model Papers Mock Test -3 “General Awareness”
Downlaod CHSL (10+2) Exam Model Papers Mock Test -3 “General Awareness”
1. The most important uranium mine of India is located at
2. Parliamentary forni of Government is also known as:
(a) Responsive Government
(b) Responsible Government
(c) Federal Government
(d) Presidential Government
3. The chief advocate of Fascism was
(b) Adolf Hitler
(c) St. Simon
(d) Robert Owen
4. The minimum age of the member of Rajya Sabha is
(a) 25 years
(b) 21 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 35 years
5. Mahatma Gandhi got his inspiration for Civil Disobedience from
6. India is considered as a ‘Republic’ Mainly because
(a) the head of the State is elected.
(b) it gained independence on 15th August 1947
(c) it has its own written constitution
(d) it is having a Parliamentary form of Government.
7. The first Indian selected for Indian Civil Service was
(a) Surendra Nath Banerji
(b) Satyendranath Tagore
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) C. R. Das
8. One feature is common to the following bodies. Find it out. Supreme Court, Election Commission, UPSC, Office of CAG
(a) They are advisory bodies.
(b) They are extra constitutional bodies
(c) They are controlled by legislature.
(d) They are constitutional bodies.
9. How many members of the State Legislative Council are elected by the Assembly ?
(a) th of the members
(b) rd of the members
(c) th of the members
(d) th of the members
10. Girish Karnad is
(a) a well known playwright and actor.
(b) a recipient of Gnanpith Award
(c) the President of the Film and Television Institute of Indian Society.
(d) all the above.
11. Nine time Wimbledon Champion of Women’s Singles Match in Tennis is
(a) Mary Joe Fernandaz
(b) Jana Novotna
(c) Iva Majoli
(d) Martina Navrotilova
12. The book “The God of small things” is written by
(a) Pupul Jayakar
(b) Sobha De
(c) Shekhar Kapoor
(d) Arundhati Roy
13. Which of the following states is called Tiger State’ of India?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
14. The district Primary Education Programme-a Centrally Sponsored Programme in India is supported by
(a) International Monetary Fund
(b) World Bank
(d) Japanese Government
15. ‘Na Khatam Honewali Kahani’ (The never ending story) is an autobiography of
(a) T.N. Seshan
(b) Amitabh Bachchan
(c) mahehs bhatt
(d) V.P. Singh
16. From where was India’s multipurpose telecommunication satellite INSAT-2 E launched?
17. Antyodaya Programme is associated with
(a) liberation of bonded labour
(b) bringing up cultural revolution in India
(c) demands of textile labourers
(d) upliftment of the poorest of the poor
18. A few years ago an Indian city celebrated its 400th birthday. It is
19. The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade was replaced by
(a) North American Free Trade Association
(b) South Asian Free Trade
(c) World Trade Organisation
(d) None of these
20. Which statement on the Harappan Civilisation is correct?
(a) Horse sacrifice was known to them.
(b) Cow was sacred to them.
(c) Pashupati was venerated by them.
(d) The culture was not generally static.
21. The First Tirthankara of the Jams was
22. The great silk route to the Indians was opened by:
23. The capital of the Yadava rulers was
24. Which religious sect did the Chola Kings patronise ?
25. Tower of Victory (Vijaya Stambh) is located at
(d) Fatehpur Sikri
26. Who amongst the following leaders of “1857” was the first to lay down his/her life?
(a) Kunwar Singh
(b) Tantiya Tope
(c) Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi
(d) Mangal Pandey
27. The system of communal electorate in India was first introduced by
(a) Indian Council Act of 1892.
(b) Minto-Morley reforms of 1909
(c) Montagu-Chelmsford reforms of 1919
(d) Government of India of 1935
28. Which of the following is not a necessary condition for the development of India ?
(a) Capital Accumulation
(b) Resource discovery
(c) Population growth
(d) Technological development
29. Personal disposable income is
(a) always equal to personal income.
(b) always more than personal income.
(c) equal to personal income minus direct taxes paid by household.
(d) equal to personal income minus indirect taxes.
30. Which of the following most closely approximates our definition of oligopoly ?
(a) The cigarette industry.
(b) The barber shops
(c) The gasoline stations
(d) Wheat farmers
31. Who said ‘Supply creates its own demand’?
(a) Adam Smith
32. The Indian economy can be most appropriately described as a:
(a) Capitalist economy
(b) Socialist economy
(c) Traditional economy
(d) Mixed economy
33. Agricultural Technology is hard to spread because
(a) it has to be adopted to local ‘ conditions.
(b) rural people are not receptive
(c) farmers are afraid to experiment on land for fear of failure.
(d) all of the above.
34. Indirect tax means
(a) there is not direct relationship between the tax payer and the government.
(b) direct relationship between tax payer and the government.
(c) tax base is income
(d) the incidence and impact are on the same person on whom tax is imposed.
35. One of the essential conditions of perfect competition is
(a) product differentiation
(b) multiplicity of prices for identical products at any one time.
(c) many sellers and a few buyers.
(d) Only one price for identical goods at any one time.
36. Dehydration in human body is caused due to the loss of
37. Which of the following is the largest living bird?
38. In the case of test tube babies
(a) egg is fertilized in the uterus.
(b) embryo completes its development in a test tube.
(c) embryo is placed in uterus after 2 months.
(d) egg is fertilized outside mother’s body.
39. The age of trees is determined by its
(c) growth rings
(d) general appearance
40. Kidney disease in man is caused by the pollutant
41. Fruits of this plant are found underground
42. A rare and endangered animal in Silent Valley is
(a) Musk deer
(c) Liontailed macaque
43. A boat will submerge when it displaces water equal to its own :
(c) surface area
44. The asteroids revolve round the Sun in between
(a) Earth and Mars
(b) Mars and Jupiter
(c) Jupiter and Saturn
(d) Saturn and Uranus
45. The Suez Canal connects
(a) Mediterranean and Red seas.
(b) Baltic and Caspian Seas.
(c) Mediterranean and North Seas.
(d) Red Sea and Caspian Sea.
46. Khasi and Garo Tribes mainly live in
47. Which one of the following areas is noted for mangrove vegetation ?
(a) Lava forest of Kalimpong.
(b) Sajnekhali forest of South 24 Parganas.
(c) Dandakaranya forest of Orissa
(d) Carbet National Park of U.P.
48. Extensive deserts occur in the western tropical regions of continents because
(a) of easterly trade winds.
(b) cold ocean currents flow along the western coasts.
(c) of the effect of both the offshore easterly trade winds and cold ocean currents.
(d) the rate of evaporation is greater along the western margin areas.
49. The sea bed sloping gradually and bordering the continent is known as
(b) Continental Shelf.
(c) Continental Platform.
(d) Continental Slope.
50. Match list I with list II and find out the correct answer from the code below the Lists.
List I (Cottage Industrial Products)
(a) Silk Saree
List II (Producing Centres)
(d) Lucknow Code
a b c d
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 3 4 2 1
(c) 4 3 1 2
(d) 2 1 4 3
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (d) 6. (a) 7.(b) 8. (d) 9. (b) 10. (d) 11. (d) 12. (d) 13. (c) 14. (c) 15. (c)
16. (d) 17. (d) 18. (b) 19. (c) 20. (c) 21. (d) 22. (a) 23. (d) 24. (c) 25. (c) 26. (d) 27. (b) 28. (c)
29. (c) 30. (a) 31. (b) 32. (d) 33. (d) 34. (a) 35. (d) 36. (d) 37. (c) 38. (d) 39. (c) 40. (a)
41. (c) 42. (c) 43. (b) 44. (b) 45. (a) 46.(a) 47. (b) 48.(c) 49. (b) 50. (b)
Related Posts SSC 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Question Paper, Results, Answer Key:
Staff Selection Comission 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Question Paper, Results, Answer Key for CGL, CHSL, Stenographers, JE, CAPF, SI, ASI, CISF, NA, JHT SSC Exams: