Below are Odisha Board Madhyama Passing Criteria, Regulations – BSEO Exam.
Odisha Board Madhyama Passing Criteria, Regulations – BSEO Exam
Regulations for Madhyama Certificate Examination, 2003 and Onwards
- The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha shall conduct the Madhyama Certificate Examination once a year.
- The above examination shall be held at such centres as the Examination Committee may from time to time fix and on such dates and time as the Committee may appoint.
- The Madhyama Certificate Examination shall be so designed as to be a test of all round general education which would enable the student either to enter the working force or to take up higher level academic and vocational courses.
- The examination shall be conducted by written tests, practical tests and / or internal assessment and shall be in accordance with such instructions as may be issued by the Examination Committee from time to time and shall be in accordance with the courses of studies prescribed. As far as possible, the students will be allowed to take the examination in the nearest centre approved for other Secondary level examination.
- Award of marks or grades to a candidate in different subjects of examination will be based on his / her intelligent appreciation and understanding of the subjects.
- The Madhyama Certificate Examination shall be open to the following categories of candidates.
- Regular Candidates : The candidates who have satisfactorily prosecuted a regular course of study in 1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year Madhyama Classes (Class-VIII, IX & X) in one or more vidyalaya/Mahavidyalaya recognised by the Vishvavidyalaya or by the Board and who have been duly sent up for the examination by the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Ex-Regular Candidates : Those who were admitted to an examination of a previous year but
- (i) could not appear or
- (ii) having appeared failed at the examination.
- Quasi -Regular candidates : The students of such Madhyama Vidyalaya where in atleast 1st year (VIII) has been recognised by the competent authority in which case the head of the Institution concerned must obtain prior permission in writing from the Secretary to present the candidates. Such candidates will have to be presented through a Vidyalaya/Mahavidyalaya the name of which will be intimated to the head of the Institution by the secretary. Applications for permission in such cases should be made to the Secretary in writing and should reach him by the date fixed by the Board.
- Private Candidates : Those who have passed Prathama Examination under the Vishvavidyalaya or the Board appear at Madhyama Examination as private candidate after lapse of 4 academic years from the year they passed the Prathama examination provided that such candidates have not attended any recognised Institution for at least 365 days previous to the date of commencement of Madhyama Certificate Examination, subject to passing in Test Examination in Vidyalaya / Mahavidyalaya selected by the Board. For the purpose, they will have to obtain the permission of the Board by 31st August of the previous year.
- Admission into institution : No students shall be admitted into an institution eight weeks after the date of re-opening of the institution or the date of publication of results of the Annual Prathama Exam. of the Board whichever is later provided that in exceptional cases the Board may permit a student two weeks more for admission with a late fee of Rs. 10.00.
Provided further that where the Board grants recognition to an Institution the date of issue of such order shall be regarded as the reopening of the Institution for the purpose of the admission.
Percentage of attendance shall be counted from date of admission of the candidate. A candidate who has passed the Prathama Examination conducted by the Board will be eligible for admission into the Class-VIII of a recognised High School or in the Madhyama 1st year course. Within one month of admission all heads of the institution shall send the returns with every particulars as stated in the statute.
- Non-eligibility of candidates : No candidates who has been expelled from a Vidyalaya / School / Mahavidyalaya or is under rustication shall be admitted to the Madhyama Certificae Examination.
- Application of Candidates : Application form of every candidate who seeks to be admitted to the Madhyama Certificate Examination duly filled-in in the best hand-writing of the candidate concerned shall reach the Secretary alongwith the fees prescribed for the purpose on or before the date fixed by the Board. Applications received after the due date shall be rejected. Any application incompletely or wrongly filled-in shall be rejected provided the deficiencies are not removed within ten days from the date of issue of a notice to that effect by the Board.
- Change of Centre : A candidate may be allowed to change the centre allotted to him by the Board in the event of transfer or retirement of his/her parent or natural guardian provided his/her parent or natural guardian is an employee of the Central or the State Government or local bodies and statutory bodies or public undertakings. For this purpose, he/she shall apply through the head of his / her institution alongwith documents in original clear 21 days before the commencement of the examination. Every candidate who seeks to change his centre shall affix two recent passport size photographs (duly attested by the concerned head of the Institution) at the places specified in the application form.
- Candidates other than regular and ex-regular candidates shall be required to submit alongwith their application forms the Transfer Certificate / the School Leaving Certificate / Vidyalaya or Mahavidyalaya Leaving Certificate in original issued by the Vidyalaya/ Mahavidyalaya / School last attended by them.
- Rules for Compartmental Candidates : A candidate who fails in the examination for not having secured the required pass marks in one or more subjects but who secures 300 marks or more in the aggregate will have the option to clear his deficiencies by appearing at the examination to a maximum of three consecutive examinations immediately following the one in which he / she failed. Such candidates shall be declared to have passed compartmentally.
- Candidate who apply for compartmental appearance shall have to submit a certified copy of the marks sheet of the examination on the basis of which his/her compartmental appearance is claimed.
- As soon as possible after the examination the Examination Committee shall publish the results and the results shall be intimated to the Vidyalaya / Mahavidyalaya concerned.
- Allotment of Division : Candidates securing out of the total mark of the externally assessable subjects a minimum of 30% of marks in each paper or group of papers and
- Securing at least 33%, but less than 45% of marks in the aggregate shall be declared to have passed in the Third Division.
- Securing atleast 45%, but less than 60% of marks in the aggregate shall be declared to have passed in the Second Division and
- securing atleast 60% of marks shall be declared to have passed in the First Division.
- The Examination Committee shall be competent to frame general rules giving benefit to hard cases and such rules as framed by the Examination Committee need be intimated to the Government from time to time.
- Certificates : A certificate shall be awarded to each successful candidate by the Board in a form to be approved by the Examination Committee.
- Enrolment Fee : All candidates studying in Madhyama 2nd year Class (IX) of recognised Vidyalaya / Mahavidyalaya shall get themselves enrolled with the Board on payment of an enrolment fee to be fixed by the Board from time to time before the 31st December of the year in which they are admitted to Madhyama 2nd year Class (IX). The enrolment fee so collected shall be payable to the Board through the head of the Institution.
Candidates other than regular and Ex-regular candidates who sit for the examination shall pay the enrolment as stated above by the date in the manner laid down by the Board.
- Application forms of all regular candidates should contain certificates of attendance stating that the candidate has attended Vidyalaya / Mahavidyalaya for not less than 60% of the working days in each of the Madhyama 2nd year (Class – IX) and 3rd year (X) separately. This attendance for Madhyama – III year class will be based on classes held till the test examination.
Note : A student who has studied in more than one Vidyalaya / Mahavidyalaya in Madhyama 2nd (IX) year and 3rd (X) year classes should have his attendance counted on the basis of the combined attendance in the Institutions attended.
- The Examination Committee may condone the deficiency in attendance not exceeding 5% for special reasons like ill health or other extra-ordinary circumstances beyond the control of the candidates for which the candidate was unable to attend the Vidyalaya/ Mahavidyalaya on the recommondation made for the purpose by the Head of the Institution.
- A certificate from the Head of the Institution stating that the candidate has passed the test examination shall be produced in case of all regular and Quasi-regular candidates.
- Externally Assessable Subjects :
(A) Compulsory Subject
Paper Subject Marks 1.Paper – I Samanya Vyakaram 100 2.Paper -II Samanya Sahityam 100 3.Paper – III Samanya Darshanam 100 4. Paper – IV M.I.L.(one of the following) Oriya/Hindi/Alt. English 100 5. Paper – V Ganitam (Mathematics) 100 6. Paper – VI Sadharana Bigyana 100 7. Paper -VII Samajika Bigyana 100 8. Paper – VIII English 100 9. Paper – IX Optionals : 100 One of the follwing subjects : â€¢ Vyakaranam â€¢ Sahityam â€¢ Darshanam Dharmasastram â€¢ Beda Karmakanda â€¢ Jyotisam â€¢ Puranam â€¢ Ayurvedam Total Marks 900
- Internal Assessment :
(Not to be added to External Examination Marks)
a) Karyadakhyasta 50
b) Kalasikshya 25
c) Saririk Bigyanam 25
Internal assessment records shall be maintained by each Vidyalaya / Mahavidyalaya for the 2 years classes IX and X. Those records shall be open for inspection by the Board as and when necessary. The assessment shall be made in terms of grades in five point scale (A- Excellent, B-Good, C- Average, D – Fair, E – Poor). Education Committee may change the subjects of Examination from time to time.
Latest Posts & Updates:
- BSE Odisha HSC Time Table – Odisha Class 10 Time Table
- CHSE Odisha +2 Time Table – Odisha Class 12 Time Table
- Odisha Results for BSE HSC, CHSE +2 – Odisha Results Class 10, 12
- Odisha Syllabus – Class 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (HSC, Prathama, CPEd, CT, Madhyama, +2)
- Odisha Board rate chart Text Book – BSE, CHSE
- Odisha Exam – Class 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (HSC, Prathama, CPEd, CT, Madhyama, +2)
- BSE Odisha CT Exam – Odisha Board Regulations
- Odisha Board OTET Exam (orissa)
- BSE Odisha Madhyama Examination
- Odisha Board (orissa) HSC Exam BSEO REGULATION
- Odisha Board Contact Number – Email Address, BSE Helpline, CHSE Mobile Phone
CHSE Odisha +2 Time Table - Odisha Class 12 Time Table, Date Sheet in PDF Get all the Newly announced updates ...
HSC Syllabus 2019-20, Revised BSE Odisha 10th New Exam Pattern No-451(Syllabus) / Date-03.11.2018 In continuation to this office Notification No-366(Syllabus), dtd.19.09.2018, it ...
CHSE Odisha +2 Time Table - Odisha Class 12 Time Table, Date Sheet in PDF Get all the Newly announced updates ...
BSE Odisha HSC Time Table - Odisha Class 10 Time Table, Date Sheet in PDF Get all the Newly announced updates ...
Odisha Results for BSE HSC, CHSE +2 - Odisha Results Class 10, 12 Get all the Newly announced updates on Odisha Results ...
BSE Odisha Board Results, Syllabus, Books, Sample Papers PDF Download, CHSE Orissa Time Table, Notification
BSE Odisha Board Results, Syllabus , Books, Sample Papers PDF Download, CHSE Orissa Time Table, Notification Below are BSE Odisha Board Results, Syllabus ...
Odisha Board Contact Number - Email Address, BSE Helpline, CHSE Mobile Phone Odisha Board Contact Number - Email Address, BSE Helpline, ...
BSE Odisha HSC Sample Papers - Odisha Class 10 Questions PDF Download Free PDF Download BSE Odisha HSC Sample Papers - ...
Odisha Board Syllabus Prathama - BSE Odisha Prathama Scheme of Studies Odisha Board Syllabus Prathama - BSE Odisha Prathama Scheme of ...
Odisha Board Syllabus Madhyama - BSE Odisha Madhyama Scheme of Studies Odisha Board Syllabus Madhyama - BSE Odisha Madhyama Scheme of ...