GATE 2019 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus – GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING 2019
GATE 2019 Results, Question Paper, Answer Key, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING 2019
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria Notice Question Paper Exam Pattern Fees Additional Requirement Schedule Important Dates Reservation Seat Answer key
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule
The authority has released the exam schedule for GATE 2019. The detailed exam schedule is mentioned below:
|Date & Day||Session No.||Time (IST)||Test Paper Code|
|First Week February 2019|
|1||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||ME, AR, TF|
|14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||ME, AG, GG|
|09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||EC, BT, CY, EY, PI|
|4||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||EC, AE, MA, MT, PE, PH|
|Second Week February 2019 (Saturday)||5||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||CS, EE|
|6||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||CS, EE|
|Second Week February 2019 (Sunday)||7||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||CE, CH, MN|
|8||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||CE, IN, XE, XL|
What is NEW in GATE 2019 ?
- Centre:- Burdwan (IIT Guwahati Zone), Dibrugarh (IIT Guwahati Zone) and Gorakhpur (IIT Kanpur Zone) has been added as new centers by the authority.
- New Paper:- The XE paper now has a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). Wiis the number of sections in the XE paper has increased to eight (A-H).
- GATE for International Candidates:- GATE 2019 examination shall be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
GATE 2019 Result
GATE results will be out on the GATE Online Application Website. It will be announced on Last Week Of March, 2019. After the announcement of result, the successful candidates can download their score card by accessing the GOAPS portal.
GATE Score Card
The score card is only available for the qualified candidates and can be downloaded from the official portal of GOAPS. The GATE score card is valid for the 3 years from the date of the declaration of result. GATE 2019 Score Card Calculation will be done separately for various courses. The candidates can download the score card from Last Week Of March, 2019.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
Admit card can be downloadable from the website. It was available online on First Week Of January 2018. The details like GOAPS enrollment ID and password is required to download the GATE admit card. Along with the admit card, one original identity proof is also needed to enter in the examination hall.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
You can check detailed GATE Exam Pattern 2019 here.
- Courses: It is held for engineering courses (M.Tech/ME)
- No. of Papers: There is only one paper of GATE consisting of 100 marks.
- No. of Questions: The number of questions asked in the examination will be 65 questions of objective type and numerical answer type (NAT).
- Out of 65 questions, 10 questions will be asked from the general aptitude section and carry 15 marks.
- Duration: The time allotted to solve the question paper will be 3 hours.
- Mode: Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Answering: There is no choice provided for NAT questions as the answers of such questions will be entered manually using the virtual keyboard provided on the computer screen at the time of examination.
- New Paper: The XE paper now has a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). Wiis the number of sections in the XE paper has increased to eight (A-H).
- Centre:- Burdwan (IIT Guwahati Zone), Dibrugarh (IIT Guwahati Zone) and Gorakhpur (IIT Kanpur Zone) has been added as new centers by the authority.
Candidates can also check Preparation Tips & Previous Years Question Papers of GATE 2018.
Get Virtual Calculator that will be used in GATE 2019 Examination. Get the way to operate the virtual calculator and practice for your better end.
GATE Application Form Correction
If the candidates will commit the mistakes in their filled application form:
- One can make the correction in application form during the correction period (Mid Of November (11:00 AM) to (6:00 PM).
- Correction process is over now.
- Changes was done in Category, Gender and Examination City.
- Corrections was made via online mode only.
- No challan payment will be accepted for corrections.
- Any changes is not permitted in GATE Paper.
The correction fee payment will be done via online mode only. No challan payment will be accepted. The correction fee is mentioned below:
- For changes from SC/ST to General/OBC is Rs.750/-.
- For changes from Female to Male/Others is Rs.750/-.
- For changes from PwD to Non-PwD is Rs. 750/.
- For changes in examination city is Rs. 400/-.
GATE 2019 Registration
- The last date for GATE 2019 Applications has been over by October 2018
- GATE Registration 2019 was available via online mode only.
- Candidates could complete their registration process through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- The GATE application form had been released from September, 2018.
- The last date of online registration was extended till October 2018.
- Candidate had to fill his/her personal details online.
- Candidate had to upload the certificate from the principal, scanned signature and photograph.
- The application fee payment could be processed either through net banking or debit card or e-challan.
The fee structure is as follows:
- For women/SC/ST/PWD – Rs 750/-
- Other Candidates – Rs 1500/-
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are satisfying the eligibility conditions mentioned below are eligible to appear for GATE 2019. The aspirants are advised to match their eligibility with the conditions given below:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharma||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4-years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs||Presently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course)||Presently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Presently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the stream Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Presently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (Four year program)||Presently in the 2nd/3rd/ 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)||Presently in the 4th/5thyear or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S-M.S||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.- M.S. program||Presently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch)||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
NOTE: Those who have already completed their qualifying examination in 2018 or before have to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate. The appearing candidates are required to submit a certificate from Principal.
Gate 2019 Brochure
VIEW / DOWNLOAD
VIEW / DOWNLOAD
The question papers along with their respective answer keys for all GATE 2019 papers are given below.
In the GOAPS, a module to contest answer keys will be available from 10:00 hours (IST) of 3 March 2019 till 10:00 hours (IST) of 6 March 2019. A candidate can challenge the answer key of any question after giving their justification(s) and payment of Rs. 500 (for each question) through the online payment portal available in the GOAPS. For candidates who have appeared in GATE 2019 from outside India, the fee for each answer key challenge is US$10.
While challenging the answer keys the candidates should ensure that they quote the proper question number as per the PDF file of the question paper given below. Please remember that if the proper question number is not correctly identified then the challenge may not be considered.
Payments for a successful challenge will be refunded. For all challenges on answer keys, the decision of the GATE 2019 committee shall be final and binding. No correspondence or telephone calls on this matter will be entertained.
GATE 2019 Question Paper Answer Key
GATE 2018 Question Paper Answer Key
Question Papers GATE 2016
|AE: Aerospace Engineering||IN: Instrumentation Engineering|
|AG: Agricultural Engineering||MA: Mathematics|
|AR: Architecture and Planning||ME: Mechanical Engineering ( ME01ME02ME03 )|
|BT: Biotechnology||MN: Mining Engineering|
|CE: Civil Engineering ( CE01CE02)||MT: Metallurgical Engineering|
|CH: Chemical Engineering||PE: Petroleum Engineering|
|CS: Computer Sc. and Information Technology ( CS01CS02 )||PH: Physics|
|CY: Chemistry||PI: Production and Industrial Engineering|
|EC: Electronics and Communication Engg. ( EC01EC02EC03)||TF: Textile Engineering and Fibre Science|
|EE: Electrical Engineering ( EE01EE02)||XE: Engineering Sciences (XE-A, XE-B, XE-C, XE-D, XE-E, XE-F, XE-G )|
|EY: Ecology and Evolution||XL: Life Sciences (XL-H, XL-I, XL-J, XL-K, XL-L, XL-M )|
|GG: Geology and Geophysics|
- When will I receive my admit card?
Admit Card can ONLY be downloaded from http://appsgate.iitr.ac.in/ from 5th January 2019. Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post or as email attachment.
- Is the Admit card alone sufficient to gain entry to the exam?
- The Admit Card has to be brought to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification, whose details have been entered while filling the application.ONLYone of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee Identification Card or driving License. Candidates in international Centers need to bring any valid identification as was mentioned in their application. Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam if the original and valid photo identification is not presented.
- Will I be provided with any white paper for rough work and calculations during the test?
A scribble pad will be provided to the candidate that can be used to do the rough work. The candidate has to return the scribble pad after the examination.
- Am I allowed to leave the examination hall during the test?
- Candidates willNOT be allowed to leave the examination hall for any reason during the test. Candidates are allowed to leave the computer laboratory where the exam will be conducted only after the closure of the test at the scheduled end of examination in a session.
- What items are not permitted to be brought with me inside the examination venue?
Only admit card, identification card and a pen shall be permitted to be taken by the candidate to be taken inside the examination hall. Candidates whose enrollment ids have been displayed on website as provisional, need to bring the required documents and submit it in the examination hall to the authorities. A simple wrist watch without any calculation device is permissible. Water and toilet facilities are available in the examination center.
- Can I use a physical calculator during the examination?
- During the online GATE 2019 examination, all candidates will be provided with a virtual scientific calculator which has to be used to answer the questions. No physical calculator will be allowed inside the examination hall. The same applies to mobile phones and wrist watches with calculation facility. GATE 2019 will not provide any storage space at examination locations for such objects. If a candidate brings personal belongings including mobile phones, those will have to be kept outside the examination hall at the candidate’s risk.If the candidate is found to be in possession (even if not using) of any calculator and mobile phone and wrist watch with calculation facility, he/she shall be disqualified and the result shall not be declared for the candidate.
- Will there be any arrangement at the test center for the safe keeping of my personal items such as my mobile phone?
- Such arrangements will not be possible at the test center.
- What happens if a physical calculator (even on an electronic watch) or a mobile phone (even in switched off mode) is found in my possession in the examination hall?
Such cases will naturally constitute violation of GATE 2019 rules and will lead to disqualification of the candidature. All such candidates were disqualified in GATE 2018.
- What is a NAT question?
For Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections, the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or 10.001 (three decimals). In each NAT question, the decimal places up to which the answer should be given shall be mentioned. Wherever not mentioned in the question paper for the required decimal places to be entered, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places ONLY.
Instructions on Admit card (to be followed before entry in the examination center/hall)
- The Admit Card must be presented for verification along with at least one original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo identification proof (for example: valid passport/PAN CARD/Voter ID/Aadhar UID/Valid College ID/Employee ID/Driving License.
- The Admit Card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferable colour print-out of this Admit Card on an A4 Sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination ONLY after their credentials are verified by Centre officials.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before start of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to locate the examination centre and its accessibility at least a day before the examination, so that they can reach the centre on time for the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after09:30 Hours (IST) in the forenoon session and after 14:30 Hours (IST) in the Afternoon Session. This shall be followed very very strictly and NO pleading shall be accepted.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for safe keep of candidate’s personal belongings.
- Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination.
PLEASE VISIT GATE 2019 WEBSITE FOR MOCK TESTS PRACTICE
General Instructions in the examination hall (to be followed after entry in the examination center/hall) :
- Total duration of examination is180 Calculator is available on the screen. If you choose to have a full screen view, you can hide the answer palette by clicking on the arrow marks.
- The clock will be set at the server. The countdown timer in the top right corner of screen will display the remaining time available for you to complete the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself. You will not be required to end or submit your examination.
- The Question Palette displayed on the right side of screen will show the status of each question using one of the following symbols:
Navigating to a Question:
- Click on the question number in the Question Palette to go to that question directly.
- You can view all the questions by clicking on the Question Paper button. Note that the options for multiple choice type questions will not be shown.
Answering a Question :
- Procedure for answering a multiple choice type question:
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options.
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on theClear Response
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option.
- Procedure for answering a numerical answer type question:
- To enter a number as your answer, use the virtual numerical keypad.
- A fractional number in decimal notation (eg. -0.3 or -.3) can be entered as an answer with or without ‘0’ before the decimal point.
- To clear your answer, click on the Clear Response button.
- To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering that type of question.
Saving your answer
- To save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next button. To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button.
- After completion of examination time (180 minutes) all the answers shall be automatically submitted.
- Kindly go through various symbols used in the test and understand their meanings before starting the examination.
- After the start of the examination, you can view all the questions in the question paper, by clicking on theQuestion Paper button on the screen.
- The GATE paper consists85 marks subject specific and General Aptitude (GA) section for 15 marks. Both are compulsory.
- The useful data, if given in the question paper, should be used for answer. If no such data are given, and the candidate needs any such data, he/she may find the data by clicking onUseful Data at top, right side of the screen.
- The question paper consists of multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT). Multiple choice type questions have four choices A, B, C, D, out of which only ONE is the correct answer. The candidate has to choose the correct answer by clicking on the radio buttonplaced before the choice. For numerical answer type questions, a numerical answer should be entered with the help of the numeric key pad, which shall appear on the monitor.
- All questions that are not attempted will result in zero marks. However, wrong answers for multiple choice type questions (MCQ) will result inNEGATIVE For multiple choice type questions, a wrong answer will result in deduction of ⅓ marks for a 1-mark question and ⅔ marks for a 2-mark question. There is no negative marking for questions of numerical answer type (NAT).
- Your answers shall be updated and saved on our server periodically and also at the end of the examination. The examination willstop automatically at the end of 180 minutes.
- A candidate is not allowed to leave the examination hall till the completion of the examination.
- Charts, graph sheets, calculators and mathematical tables areNOT allowed in the examination hall. You must use the scribble pad provided to you at the examination centre for all your rough work. The scribble pad has to be returned at the end of the examination.
Latest Posts & Updates: