IIMC 2017 Eligibility Criteria, Question Paper, Exam Pattern
IIMC 2017 Eligibility Criteria, Question Paper, Exam Pattern
IIMC 2017 India Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Examination result of PG Diploma Courses will be declared on 20-21 June 2017
Schedule for IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 is given below.
|Sale of application forms begins from||03 Apr 2017|
|Last date for sale and receipt of application forms|
|Admit Card available from||23 May 2017|
|IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 for PG Diploma Course|
|Entrance Examination for Odia/Urdu/Marathi/Malyalam||27 May 2017|
|Entrance Examination for all Courses (Other than Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam)||28 May 2017|
|Examination Results||20-21 June 2017|
|Interview dates||Last week of June/first week of July 2017|
|Announcement of final selection||2nd, 3rd Week of July 2017|
|Academic session begins||Last week of July or 1st week of August 2017|
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Eligibility
Nationality : Only Indian nationals are eligible for the PG Diploma Courses.
Educational Qualification : Bachelor’s Graduate in any discipline. Those who have appeared / are appearing for a degree examination are also eligible to apply. If selected, their admission will be subject to their producing at least a provisional certificate in original from their college / university before 31 August 2017, failing which the provisional admission will stand cancelled.
- For general category candidates: 01 Aug 1992 or later.
- For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped candidates, the date is 01 Aug 1987 or later.
- For OBCs it is 01 Aug 1989 or later.
IIMC Entrance Exam Result 2017
Result of IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 will be declared by the Indian Institute of Mass Communication. Candidates who have successfully appeared in IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 can check their result here as per official announcement.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Pattern
Candidates will be judged on the following parameters:
For Journalism Courses
- General Awareness, including understanding of social dynamics, social and cultural history, legal and constitutional provisions, rights of citizens, development issues especially health, education, ecology and economy, international developments and their impact on India,
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability including oral and writing skills
- Analytical & comprehension skills
- Sensitivity to social issues
- Ethics & values.
For Advertising and Public Relations
- General awareness about development and public issues
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability
- Analytical & Comprehension skills
- Brand awareness & recall
- Social Consciousness
- Lateral thinking capabilities
The written entrance examination will be held on an all-India basis at New Delhi, Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Aizawl (Mizoram), Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Bengaluru (Karnataka), Bhopal (MP), Chennai (TN), Guwahati (Assam), Jammu and Srinagar (J&K), Hyderabad (AP & Telangana), Kolkata (W.B.), Kochi (Kerala) Lucknow (U.P.), Mumbai, Nagpur (Maharashtra), Patna (Bihar), Ranchi (Jharkhand) and Raipur (Chattisgarh). Entrance Examination of Journalism (Odia) will be held at Bhubaneswar, Journalism (Marathi) at Mumbai and Nagpur; Journalism (Malayalam) at Kochi and Journalism (Urdu) at New Delhi/ Bhopal/ Jammu/Hyderabad/Kolkata/Lucknow/Mumbai.
Eligible candidates will be called at their own expense for a written entrance examination on 28th May 2017 at New Delhi/Ahmedabad/Aizawl/Bengaluru /Bhopal/Bhubaneswar/Chennai/Guwahati/Jammu/ Hyderabad/Kolkata/Kochi/Lucknow/Mumbai/Nagpur/Patna/Ranchi/Raipur/Srinagar. The Institute reserves the right to call any candidate for entrance examination at any centre (other than his/her choice) for administrative reasons.
Candidates who appear in the written examination will be ranked on the basis of the marks obtained. A shortlist based on merit will be prepared for each of the courses (including a separate shortlist for the reserved seats in each course). The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview/group discussion during the last week of June/first week of July 2017 in New Delhi at the candidates’ own expense. If a sizeable number of candidates apply for admission to Regional Campuses on first preference basis, the interview may be conducted at the concerned Regional Campus or any other city in the region. The candidates will be informed about the venue before the interview.
The list of candidates to be admitted to the courses will be prepared on the basis of the combined marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and in the interview /group discussion. The weightage for the written examination and the interview / group discussion will be 85:15.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card India Institute of Mass Communication IIMC 2017
Offline Admit Card IIMC 2017 India Institute of Mass Communication
IIMC 2017 India Institute of Mass Communication Prospectus 2017
Admission Notice 2017-2018 IIMC 2017 India Institute of Mass Communication
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
IIMC, an Internationally-known centre of education, training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India, invites applications for the following courses.
|Course Name||Entrance||Fees (In||Number of Seats|
|1||Post-graduate Diploma Course in||English||72,000/-||Delhi-62, Dhenkanal-62, Aizawl-15,|
|Journalism (English)||Amravati-15, Jammu-15, Kottayam-15|
|2||Post-graduate Diploma Course in||Hindi||72,000/-||62|
|Journalism (Hindi) New Delhi|
|3||Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio &||Hindi or||1,32,000/-||46|
|Television Journalism, New Delhi||English|
|4||Post-graduate Diploma Course in||Hindi or||1,02,000/-||70|
|Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi||English|
|5||Post-graduate Diploma Course in||Odia||39,000/-||23|
|Journalism (Odia) Dhenkanal (Odisha)|
|6||Post-graduate Diploma Course in||Urdu||39,000/-||15|
|Journalism (Urdu) New Delhi|
|7||Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism||Marathi||39,000/-||15|
|(Marathi) Amravati (Maharashtra)|
|8||Post-graduate Diploma Course in||Malyalam||39,000/-||15|
|Journalism (Malyalam) Kottayam (Kerala)|
Duration August 2017 to May 2018
Eligibility Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply.
Date of Birth 1.8.1992 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1987 or later and for OBC 1.8.1989 or later).
(Five seats available in each Course for NRIs/NRI-sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed application form should be submitted.)
Reservation As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates. of Seats
Hostel At Delhi : Limited accommodation only for outstation female Students.
At Dhenkanal, Aizawl, Amravati, Jammu & Kottayam: Facilities for both male and female Students available or can be arranged.
|Entrance||28 May 2017 at New Delhi/Ahmedabad/Aizawl/Bangalore/Bhopal/Bhubaneswar/Chennai/Guwahati/Hyderabad/Jammu/|
|Examination||Kolkatta/Kochi/Lucknow/Mumbai/Nagpur/Patna/Raipur/Ranchi/Srinagar centres. However, Entrance Examination for Odia|
|Journalism (Course no.5) will be held on 27 May 2017 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only, The Entrance Examination for the|
|PG Diploma in Urdu Journalism (Course no.6) will be held on 27th May 2017 at New Delhi/Bhopal/Jammu/Hyderabad/|
|Kolkata/Lucknow/Mumbai., Entrance Examination for Marathi Journalism (Course No. 7) will be held on 27th May 2017|
|at Nagpur Centre only, Entrance Examination for Malayalam Journalism (Course No. 8) will held on 27th May 2017 at|
|Kochi Centre only.|
Interview Last week of June/First week of July, 2017
For Course Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4& 6 – at New Delhi; For Course No. 5 – at Dhenkanal (Odisha), Course No. 7 at Amravati (Maharashtra) and Course No. 8 at Kottayam (Kerala). If a sizeable number of candidates apply for admission to Regional Campuses on first preference basis, the interview may be conducted at the concerned Regional Campus or any other city in the region.
The candidates will be informed about the venue before the interview.
- Application forms can be purchased in person or by post. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on Forms payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Odisha). Request for application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70/-) envelope (27×17 cm).
- For on-line Application process. You can either fill the application form online and also pay the fee online or download the application form, fill it and send by post along with the Demand Draft for application fee to the address as indicated below. Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- for General & Rs.1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped categories and drawn in favour of IIMC New Delhi on or before 14th May 2017.
- Important : The issue of application forms have commenced at IIMC New Delhi and IIMC Dhenkanal. The candidates can submit one Application Form for either Journalism (Hindi) or Journalism (English) as the written entrance examination and question paper will be common for above courses. Similarly, The candidates can submit one Application Form for either Journalism (Urdu)/Journalism (Odia)/Journalism (Marathi)/Journalism (Malayalam). The written entrance examination for above courses will be conducted simultaneously. For each course, there is a separate form. The candidates should check before filling the form that it is for the course for which they want to apply.
- Date of issue of application form is 31st March 2017
- Last date for issue of application form is May 14th, 2017
- Completed application form with DD should reach Additional Director General, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus, New Delhi-110067, on or before May 14th, 2017
For further Information Contact : New Delhi – 011-26741073, 26741352, 26741062, Fax : 011-26742462, 26741268, Dhenkanal 06762-226194 & 226196, Fax: 06762-226195, 226197