UPSC CDS 1 2018, Eligibility Criteria, Combined Defence Services 1 2018, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Question Paper, Results, Answer Key
UPSC CDS 1 2018, Eligibility Criteria, Combined Defence Services 1 2018, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Question Paper, Results, Answer Key
CDS 1 2018 Syllabus, Eligibility Conditions, Fees Apply, Last Date Combined Defence Services 1 2018
Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2018
|Date of Notification||08/11/2017|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||04/02/2018|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||04/12/2017 – 6:00pm|
|Date of Upload||08/11/2017|
Fictitious Fee UPSC CDS 1 2018 Combined Defence Services 1 2018
HOW TO APPLY CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online direct to the Commission.
- N.B.I: Persons already in Government Service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department in writing that they have applied for the Examination.
- N.B.II: Candidates serving in the Armed Forces are required to inform their Commanding Officer in writing that they have applied for this examination. They are also required to submit NOC in this regard at the time of SSB interview.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
- NOTE : APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION OF FEE IS CLAIMED AS IN PARA 4 ABOVE) OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
- No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC and fee remission etc.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.
- Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. written examination and interview test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents in original alongwith their self attested copies soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination which is likely to be declared in the month of May, 2018 for submission to the Army HQ/Naval HQ/Air HQ as the case may be :
- Matric/Higher Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent showing date of birth
- Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate/Marks sheet showing clearly having passed degree examination and eligible for award of degree.
In the first instance all qualified candidates eligible for SSB interview will carry their original Matric/Higher Secondary School Certificate as also their Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate/Marks sheet with them while going to the Services Selection Centres for SSB interview. Candidates who have not yet qualified the final year Degree examination must carry with them a certificate in original from the Principal of the College/Institution stating that the candidate has appeared/is appearing at the final year Degree examination. Candidates who do not carry the above certificates with them while going to the Services Selection Centres shall not be allowed to appear for the SSB interview. No relaxation for non-submission of the above certificates in original at the selection centre is allowed, and candidates who do not carry with them any of these certificates in original will not be permitted to appear for their SSB test and interview and they will be sent back home at their own expense.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect/false/fraud/fabricated they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of the following provisions:
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of :
- obtaining support for his/her candidature by any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the examination, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing irrelevant matter, including obscene languages or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination, or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates alongwith their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution be liable:
- to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period :
- by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.Provided that no penalty under this rules shall be imposed except after,
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
The Online Applications can be filled upto 04th December, 2017 till 6:00 PM
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for downloading by candidates. No e-Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
- Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
- Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy—
20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1999) only are eligible.
Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 2000.
NOTE : Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above. Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months. In such cases a candidate must send in addition to the self attested/certified copy of Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate a self attested/certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster/Principal of the Institution from where he/she passed the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his/her birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the Institution.
Educational Qualifications CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg `A’. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :
- For admission to IMA on or before 1st January, 2019, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st January, 2019 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November, 2018.
- For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st April, 2019.
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he/she possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the examination.
(d) Physical Standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2018 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV.
FEES CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
ALL FEMALE CANDIDATES AND CANDIDATES BELONGING TO SCHEDULED CASTES/SCHEDULED TRIBES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY ANY FEE. NO FEE EXEMPTION IS, HOWEVER, AVAILABLE TO OBC CANDIDATES AND THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FULL PRESCREIBED FEE.
SCHEME OF EXAM CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
- The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:—
|2.||General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|3.||Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
|(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :—|
|2.||General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
STANDARD AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION CDS 1 2018 UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2018
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
CDS Question Papers PDF Download