The eligibility criteria for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination are as follows:
UPSC Geo-Scientist Eligibility Criteria, Geologist Age Limit
- A candidate must be one of the following:
- A citizen of India.
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit for UPSC Geo-Scientist, Geologist Exam
- For the Geologist Examination, the age limits are as follows:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 32 years
- The age is calculated as of January 1 of the examination year.
3. Educational Qualifications:
- A candidate must have obtained a Master’s degree in one of the following subjects from a recognized university:
- Geological Science or Geology.
- Applied Geology.
- Mineral Exploration.
- Engineering Geology.
- Marine Geology.
- Earth Science and Resource Management.
- Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies.
- Environmental Geology.
4. Number of Attempts:
- The number of attempts for the Geologist Examination is as follows:
- General Category: 6 attempts.
- OBC Category: 9 attempts.
- SC/ST Category: No restriction on the number of attempts.