AIIMS 2018, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Question Paper, Results, Answer Key
AIIMS Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Question Paper, Results
Exam Dates Schedule AIIMS 2018:
|Online registration starts||2nd January 2018|
|Last date for online registration||March 2018|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application||March 2018|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated||April 2018|
|Admit card release||May 2018|
|Exam date||27th May 2018|
|Result announcement||12th June 2018|
|First round counselling||3rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July 2018|
|Second round counselling||2nd August 2018|
|Third round counselling||4th September 2018|
|Open counselling (If Required)||27th September 2018|
AIIMS Application Form 2018
- Students can register for this exam through online mode only.
- There is no offline mode available for filling the AIIMS 2018 application form.
- Fill all the registration details carefully and submit it.
- Students can pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Select the city choices for entrance examination.
- Now, fill educational qualification and address details.
- Upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impression in prescribed format.
- After completing all the steps, click on the final submit button.
- Don’t forget to keep a printout of the application form for future references.
- Fill the application form correctly, no correction will be allowed.
- The fee payment can be made through online mode only.
- The payment can be done using debit/credit card or net banking.
- The detailed application fee for various categories is mentioned here:
|General/ OBC : Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers||Rs.1000/-||As applicable|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.800/-||As applicable|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria are different for different category candidates. However, candidates can check the AIIMS MBBS eligibility as per their category. Below we have mentioned the complete eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- Candidate’s age should be or will be 17 years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
- Candidates those born on or after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass the 12th/Higher Secondary Education (HSC)/Senior School Certificate Education (CBSE)/Intermediate Science (I.Sc) or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university of any state.
- Subjects: It is necessary to pass the qualifying examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum aggregate marks (English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) obtained in the qualifying exam to appear in the examination will be 60% marks for OBC & General category and 50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates those have appeared or appearing in their 10+2 examination with above stated subjects can also apply.
- Such type of candidates have to pass the qualifying exam with required percentage of marks in the entrance exam.
- They will be considered for the admission only on producing the documentary proof of passing the qualifying exam.
Note: If any institutions (AIIMS) will consider an Examination of an Indian University or of a Foreign University to be equivalent to 12 class, then in this case candidates have to produce the certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of the Indian Universities.
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI): Common to AIIMS, New Delhi and six other AIIMS
- OCI candidates those registered themselves under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are eligible for this test.
- OCI candidates have to show the proof of registered as OCI under the above given section.
- They should also satisfy all the requirements given for the Indian nationals on prospectus.
Foreign Nationals (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only)
- Candidates those belong to the foreign nationals and nominated by the Government of India are eligible to apply.
- Such candidates have to score the minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Foreign candidates nominated by the Government are not required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination.
AIIMS Exam Pattern
The complete details of AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 ½ hours.
- Exam Shifts: First Shift (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and Second Shift (3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Type of Question: Questions will be Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type).
- No. of Question: Total 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Language: Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi language.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Question|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
The AIIMS exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
Seat Reservation AIIMS 2018
The seat reservation for different categories will be followed by 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals. A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis. The seat matrix in the seven AIIMS is as the following:
Here we are providing the seat reservation in various AIIMS institutions for Indian Nationals:
|AIIMS, New Delhi||72||37||19||11||5|
AIIMS 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will be based on the standard of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. The syllabus will consist of various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and General Knowledge/ Aptitude. Candidates can prepare for the exam from the above mentioned subjects. Detailed syllabus is as following:
Physics: AIIMS 2018
- Circular Motion
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Electronic Devices
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Nuclear Physics
- Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics.
- Wave Motion: Optics
Chemistry: AIIMS 2018
- Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry:
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Structure of Atom
- Section B: Organic Chemistry:
- Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
- Section C: Physical Chemistry:
- Chemical Equilibrium
- State of Matter
Biology: AIIMS 2018
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
- Reproductive System
- Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
- Botany and Human Welfare
- History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Transpiration and respiration
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- Current Affairs
- Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- History etc
AIIMS Preparation Tips
- Make a proper study plan and divide your time equally for all the subjects.
- Consider the good study materials for exam preparations and also include previous year question papers for studies.
- Mark the difficult topics in the syllabus and discuss them with your teachers, tutor and class mates.
- Maintain your health, take a healthy diet and do exercise & yoga.
AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
All the eligible candidates can download the admit card through online only. The AIIMS 2018 admit card released from May, 2018. The admit card will not be sent by post. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of the admit card for further need. Without admit card candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
The AIIMS 2018 Result provided to students on June, 2018. Candidates can check the results via online mode through the website. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is the main authority which organizes a national level medical exam. This exam is known as AIIMS MBBS exam. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into 700 MBBS seats offered by AIIMS institutions. AIIMS Application Form 2018 available from the 3rd week of February 2018.
AIIMS 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off score is the minimum score which have to be secured by the candidates to get admission in AIIMS. The cut-off score for different categories is mentioned below:
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45%|
|SC / ST||40%|
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
Latest Posts & Updates: