IAS Age Limits 2018 Civil Services Preliminary, Mains & Interview
Age Limits for General, Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST), OBC, Defence Sevices, Ec Sevicemen, Military Sevices, physical disability, invalidment, ECOs/SSCOs for IAS Age Limits 2018 Civil Services Preliminary, Mains & Interview are given below:
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2018 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1986 and not later than 1st August, 1997. Necessary action to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services is being taken separately.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and have been released;
- on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2018 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
- on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
- on invalidment.
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Rule 6(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the
- The term Ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
- The age concession under Rule 6(b)(iv) and (v) will not be admissible to Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on own request.
- Notwithstanding the provision of age relaxation under Rule 6(b)(vi) above, candidates of Persons with Benchmark Disability will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/Posts to be allocated to the Persons with Benchmark Disability by the Government.
- Save as provided above, the age-limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
- The date of birth, accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted only at the time of applying for the Civil Services (Main) Examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Service records and the like will be accepted.
- The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the Instruction include the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- Candidate should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application will be accepted by the Commission, and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any other Examination of the Commission on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in the online Application Form for the Preliminary Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
Latest Posts & Updates : IAS UPSC Civil Sevices
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Exam Pattern – IAS, IFS Preliminary, Main, Interview Paper, Subjects, Syllabus
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination.
- Civil ...