The eligibility criteria for the UPSC Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) examinations are as follows:
UPSC IES / ISS Eligibility Criteria – Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service
- A candidate must be one of the following:
- A citizen of India.
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit for UPSC IES / ISS – Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service
- Candidates must meet the following age limits:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
- The age is calculated as of August 1 of the examination year.
- For the Indian Economic Service (IES):
- A candidate must have a post-graduate degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Business Economics, or Econometrics from a recognized university.
- For the Indian Statistical Service (ISS):
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized university.
Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts for the IES and ISS examinations is as follows:
- General Category: 4 attempts
- OBC Category: 7 attempts
- SC/ST Category: No restriction on the number of attempts
- Candidates should be in good mental and physical health and free from any medical conditions that might interfere with the efficient performance of their duties.
Please note that the eligibility criteria may be subject to change, and candidates should refer to the official UPSC IES and ISS notification for the specific year they plan to appear for the examination to ensure they meet all eligibility requirements.
Meeting the eligibility criteria is essential for candidates to apply for and appear in the IES and ISS examinations. Candidates should thoroughly read and understand the official notification before applying.