IES Eligibility Criteria UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, Physical Standards
UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical has eligibility criteria for the candidates to be able to attempt the IES ISS exam on the basis of Nationality, Age, Sex/ Gender, Marital Status, Detailed information about UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Criteria on Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, Physical Standards are as follows:
Nationality – IES Eligibility Criteria UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Conditions
A candidate must be either :—
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Nepal; or
- a subject of Bhutan; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India :
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age Limits – IES Eligibility Criteria UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Conditions
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2018 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1997.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate has ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof ;
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment;up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and have been released : (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2018 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account or misconduct or inefficiency; or (ii) on account of Physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment; from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness.”
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(II)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K and (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
- The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
- The age concession under para 3(II)(b)(v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on their own request.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of age relaxation under para 3(II)(b)(vii) above, a person with Benchmark Disability will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority as the case may be, may prescribed) if found to satisfy the requirement of physical and medical standard for the concerned Services/ Posts to be allocated to the persons with Benchmark Disability by the Government.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED The date of birth, accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or
Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Service Records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission, and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Candidates should also note that once Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
Minimum Educational Qualifications – IES Eligibility Criteria UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Conditions
- A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Economtrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at this examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such a candidate will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but his/her admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if his/her does not produce the proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidate who qualify on the results of the written part of the examination.
- In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who has none of the foregoing qualification, as a qualified candidate provided that he/she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the examination.
- A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a Foreign University may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Commission.
Physical Standards – IES Eligibility Criteria UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Eligibility Conditions
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2018 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2018 published in Gazette of India dated 21st March, 2018.
Related Posts : IES UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam & ISS Statistical Exam
Indian Economic Services Results 2019, UPSC Statistical Written Results 2019
IES 2019 Eligibility Criteria – UPSC Indian Economic, Statistical Service
Indian Economic, Statistical Service 2019 Exam Pattern – IES, ISS Written exam, Viva voice Syllabus
Combined Geo-Scientist 2019 How To Apply Online, Exam Date for UPSC Geologist
IES 2019 How To Apply Online, Exam Date for UPSC Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service
IES Results Indian Economic Service 2018, UPSC ISS Statistical Results