Passing Criteria For Class 10 2020, CBSE Board Exam 10 Compartment Eligibility
Passing Criteria For Class 10, CBSE Board Exam Compartment Eligibility
Passing Criteria For Class 10 is given below in detail stating how candidate is eligible to get the Pass Certificate of the Board by securing what paercentage in internal and external exams of Maths, Science, English, Hindi, SST, Additional Subjects. Also reference to CBSE Board Exam Compartment Eligibility is available here.
Class X Scheme of Exam (Secondary School Exams)
- Assessment in the following subjects will be undertaken by the schools themselves in terms of grades on a five point scale (i.e. A,B,C,D & E)
- – Work Experience
- – Art Education
- – Physical and Health Education
- The evaluation for subjects of internal assessment shall be based on cumulative record of the candidate during his/her continuous assessment in the school.
- Schools are expected to maintain regular records of student’s achievement and progress. These records are subject to scrutiny by the Board when it deems fit.
- Rest of the subjects of study not mentioned under subclause (i) shall be externally examined by the Board. Details of question papers, marks and duration will be as per the Scheme of Examinations.
- Heads of all affiliated institutions shall be required to issue “Certificate of School-Based Evaluation” covering co-cognitive and other related areas of learning based on continuous and comprehensive evaluation of students who will be completing a course of study of
Passing Criteria for CBSE Class X
- A candidate will be eligible to get the Pass Certificate of the Board, if he/she gets a grade higher than E in all subjects of internal assessment unless he/she is exempted. Failing this, the result of the external examination will be withheld but not for a period of more than one year.
- In order to be declared as having passed the examination, a candidate shall obtain a grade higher than E (i.e. at least 33% marks) in all the five subjects of external examination in the main or at the compartmental examinations. The pass marks in each subject of external examination shall be 33%.
- No overall division/distinction/aggregate shall be awarded.
- In respect of a candidate offering an additional subject, the following norms shall be applied:
- A language offered as an additional subject may replace a language in the event of a candidate failing in the same provided after replacement the candidate has English/Hindi as one of the languages; and
- The replacement shall satisfy the conditions as laid down in the Scheme of Studies.for appearing in external examination and result shall be declared subject to fulfillment of other conditions laid down in the Pass Criteria.
Eligibility for Compartment in Secondary Examination
A candidate failing in two of the five subjects of external examination shall be placed in compartment in those subjects provided he/she qualifies in all the subjects of internal assessment.
New Related Posts:
CBSE Class 10 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023
CBSE Class 12 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023
Class 12 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23, New 12th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern
Class 10 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23, New 10th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern
CBSE Assessment and Evaluation Practices Session 2022-23
CBSE Syllabus Class 11 2022-2023, Official 11th CBSE Syllabus PDF Download