CBSE Syllabus for Maths Classes 9, 10 for the session 2019 – 2020 has been released by on official website Central Board Of Secondary Education.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Standard IX, X Maths
- Mathematics – Textbook for class IX – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics – Textbook for class X – NCERT Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class IX – CBSE Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, secondary stage – NCERT Publication http://www.prescribed/exemplar/labmanuals.html
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class IX, NCERT publication.
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication.
The Syllabus in the subject of Mathematics has undergone changes from time to time in accordance with growth of the subject and emerging needs of the society. The present revised syllabus has been designed in accordance with National Curriculum Framework 2005 and as per guidelines given in the Focus Group on Teaching of Mathematics which is to meet the emerging needs of all categories of students. For motivating the teacher to relate the topics to real life problems and other subject areas, greater emphasis has been laid on applications of various concepts.
The curriculum at Secondary stage primarily aims at enhancing the capacity of students to employ Mathematics in solving day-to-day life problems and studying the subject as a separate discipline. It is expected that students should acquire the ability to solve problems using algebraic methods and apply the knowledge of simple trigonometry to solve problems of height and distances. Carrying out experiments with numbers and forms of geometry, framing hypothesis and verifying these with further observations form inherent part of Mathematics learning at this stage. The proposed curriculum includes the study of number system, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistics, graphs and coordinate geometry, etc.
The teaching of Mathematics should be imparted through activities which may involve the use of concrete materials, models, patterns, charts, pictures, posters, games, puzzles and experiments.
- The broad objectives of teaching of Mathematics at secondary stage are to help the learners to:
- consolidate the Mathematical knowledge and skills acquired at the upper primary stage;
- acquire knowledge and understanding, particularly by way of motivation and visualization, of basic concepts, terms, principles and symbols and underlying processes and skills;
- develop mastery of basic algebraic skills;
- develop drawing skills;
- feel the flow of reason while proving a result or solving a problem;
- apply the knowledge and skills acquired to solve problems and wherever possible, by more than one method;
- to develop ability to think, analyze and articulate logically;
- to develop awareness of the need for national integration, protection of environment, observance of small family norms, removal of social barriers, elimination of gender biases;
- to develop necessary skills to work with modern technological devices and mathematical software’s.
- to develop interest in mathematics as a problem-solving tool in various fields for its beautiful structures and patterns, etc.
- to develop reverence and respect towards great Mathematicians for their contributions to the field of Mathematics;
- to develop interest in the subject by participating in related competitions;
- to acquaint students with different aspects of Mathematics used in daily life;
- to develop an interest in students to study Mathematics as a discipline.
COURSE STRUCTURE CLASS –9
|VI||STATISTICS & PROBABILITY||10|
COURSE STRUCTURE CLASS -10
|VII||STATISTICS & PROBABILTY||11|