SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018, Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria, Age Limits, Steno Apply, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
Registration for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018 is open now. This year Steno C, D has Vacancies will be announced in due course of time. Candidates for applying for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018 has to first fulfill the Eligibility Criteria set by staff selection committee based on the Age Limits, Educational Qualifications, Nationality. Application forms and procedure for registration in SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018 is given below. Exam Pattern, Syllabus for computer based examination of steno 2018 consisting of 3 parts General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension are discussed in detail and can be downloaded for free in PDF Format.
Important Dates for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018
- Date for submission of online applications: 22-10-2018 to 19-11-2018
- Last date for receipt of application: 19-11-2018 (up to 5.00 P.M.)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 26-11-2018
- Date of Computer Based Examination: 01-02-2019 to 06-02-2019
Download SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018 Notifications containing ➤ Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria, Age Limits, Steno Apply, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
Vacancies | SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018
- Vacancies will be determined in due course.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographers Grade ‘D’ are in Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of Central Government, including their Attached and Subordinate offices located in various States and Union Territories all over the country.
Reservation and suitability of posts for Persons with Disabilities:
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Ex-Serviceman (ESM) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined and communicated by the Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadres, as per extant Government Orders.
- Vacancies for ESM are reserved for only Group “C” posts as per extant Government Order/ Instructions.
- The posts of Stenographers Gr. ‘C’ have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), Both Legs (BL), Blind
- and LV (Low vision) as per guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. However, for Border Roads Organization (BRO), suitability of posts and requirement of physical and medicals standards will be as per details given in Annexure-XV.
- The posts of Stenographers Gr. ‘D’ have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), One Arm and Leg (OAL), Both Legs (BL), Blind (B) and LV (Low vision) as per guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. However, for Border Roads Organization (BRO), suitability of posts and requirement of physical and medicals standards will be as per detail given in Annexure-XV
- Please note that the posts of Stenographers are not identified suitable for Hearing Impaired persons.
Note: As the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” has come into force with effect from 19.04.2017 and new categories of disabilities such as Autism, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims, Muscular Dystrophy, Intellectual Disability, Specific Learning Disability, Mental Illness and Multiple Disabilities, etc have been included. Therefore, the candidates with such disabilities may also apply giving details of their disabilities in the online Application Form. However, their selection will be subject to identification of posts suitable for these categories as well as reporting of vacancies by the Indenting Departments. Candidates suffering from various disabilities as identified vide DoP&T OM No: 36035/02/2017-Estt (Res) dated 15-01-2018 (para-2.2) may select following PwD categories in the online Registration/ Application Form at https://ssc.nic.in.
|S. No.||Type of Disability||Category of disability to be|
selected in Registration/
|(a)||Blindness and low vision||VH|
|(b)||Deaf and hard of hearing||HH|
|(c)||Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and|
|(d)||Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning|
disability and mental illness.
|(e)||Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under|
clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Eligibility Criteria | SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post/ Service the status of ex-servicemen or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date for receipt of applications (i.e. 19-11-2018) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency. Such candidates must also acquire the status of an ex-serviceman within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date of receipt of application (i.e. 19-11-2018).
- Explanation: An ‘ex-serviceman’ means a person-
- Who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non combatant in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension; or
- who has been relieved from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- who has been released from such service as a result of reduction in establishment;
- who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request, or by way of dismissal, or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity, and includes personnel of the Territorial Army namely, pension holders for continuous embodies service or broken spells of qualifying service;
- personnel of the Army Postal Service who are part of Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service without reversion to their parent service with pension, or are released from the Army Postal service on medical grounds attributable to or aggravated by military service or circumstance beyond their control and awarded medical or other disability pension;
- Personnel, who were on deputation in Army Postal Service for more than six months prior to the 14th April, 1987;
- Gallantry award winners of the Armed forces including personnel of Territorial Army;
- Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension.
- A Matriculate Ex-Serviceman (which includes an Ex-Serviceman, who has obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or the Air Force), who has put in not less than 15 years of service as on closing date of receipt of applications (i.e. 19-11-2018) with Armed Forces of the Union shall be considered eligible for appointment to the Group ‘C’ posts against posts reserved for ESM only. Thus, those Matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have not completed 15 years of service as on the closing date for receipt of applications are not eligible for these posts.
- Further, as per extant guidelines of Department of Personnel and Training deemed graduation of Indian Army Special Certificate of education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or the Air Force on completion of 15 years in Armed Forces is not applicable for Group ‘B’ posts.
- As per Supreme Court direction dated 24.02.1995 in Appeal No.731-69 of 1994, Age relaxation will be available for Group-‘C’ posts in the O/o RGI (Registrar General of India) for retrenched Census employees as under:-
- Age relaxation by 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment,
- Weightage of past service.
- Age relaxation is not admissible to sons, daughters and dependents of Ex-Servicemen. Therefore, such candidates should not indicate their category as ex-servicemen.
Process of certification and format of certificates:
- Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age – relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, whenever such certificates are sought by concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices at the time of Document Verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ ESM status will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under Unreserved category. The formats of the certificates are annexed with the Notice of this Examination. The certificate of disability issued under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996) will also be valid. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted.
- A person seeking appointment on the basis of reservation to OBCs must ensure that he/ she possesses the caste/ community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the crucial date. The crucial date for this purpose will be the closing date for receipt of online application i.e. 19-11-2018.
- Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Appointing Authority. Candidates are cautioned that they will be debarred from the examination conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ ESM status.
Provision of Compensatory Time and assistance of scribe:
- In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arm affected-BA) and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe is provided, if desired by the candidate . Since the posts are not identifie d suitable for persons with BA and cerebral palsy disabilities, therefore facility of scribe will not be admissible to such candidates.
- In case of other category of persons with benchmark disabilities, the provision of scribe will be provided on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on his/ her behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government health care institution as per proforma at Annexure-XI.
- The candidate will have the discretion of opting for his/ her own scribe or the facility of scribe provided by the Commission. Appropriate choice in this regard will have to be given by the candidate in the online application form.
- In case the candidate opts for his/her own scribe, the qualification of the scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking the examination. The candidates with benchmark disabilities opting for own scribe shall be required to submit details of the own scribe as per proforma at Annexure-XII. In case, subsequently it is found that the qualification of the scribe is not as declared by the candidate, then the candidate shall forfeit his/ her right to the post and claims relating thereto.
- A compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination will be provided to the persons who are allowed use of scribe as described at para 7 (a) and 7 (b) above.
- The candidates referred at para 7 (a) and 7 (b) who are allowed use of scribe but not availing the facility of scribe will also be given compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination.
- No attendant other than the scribe for eligible candidates will be allowed inside the examination hall.
Educational Qualifications (As on 01.01.2019)
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates including technical education degree/ diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2019, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the Commission, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of the Notice of examination.
How to apply ➤ SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https ://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 19-11-2018 (5.00 PM).
Application Fee ➤ SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2018
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 26-11-2018 provided the challan has been generated by them before 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM).
Indicative Syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examination
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
General Awareness :
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning/ General Awareness Paper.
English Language & Comprehension:
- In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
Skill Test in Stenography:
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will be called for the Skill Test. Commission may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Examination. The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the Skill Test for different categories of candidates.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Skill Test in The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 word per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer. The transcription time is as follows
Latest Posts & Updates: