The UPSC Indian Economic, Statistical Service Eligibility Criteria for appearing in IES 2019. IES Exam has 4 main criteria based on which a candidate eligibility is determined. Nationality, Age Limits, Education Qualification, Physical Standards are eligibility criteria for UPSC Indian Economic, Statistical Service Exam 2019. Details of eligibility criteria for Indian Economic, Statistical Service exam 2019 are given below.
Indian Economic, Statistical Service Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Nationality, Age Limits, Education Qualification, Physical Standards
Nationality – Indian Economic, Statistical Service Exam 2019
A candidate must be either :—
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Nepal; or
- a subject of Bhutan; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi,
Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India :
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be
- person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age Limits – IES 2019
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2019 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate has ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof ;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and have been released : (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2019 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account or misconduct or inefficiency; or (ii) on account of Physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment;
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz;
- blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness.”
Minimum Educational Qualification – Indian Economic, Statistical Service 2019
- A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
Physical standards – IES 2019
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2019 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2019 published in Gazette of India dated 20th March, 2019.
Latest Posts & Updates:
Vacancy for Posts of Assistant Professor (Bio-Chemistry) & Deputy Director (Fisheries) – Advertisement 8/ 2019 (UPSC Recruitment)
UPSC Vacancy in Junior Scientific Officer (Chemistry), Scientist B (Biology), Scientist B (Explosive), Scientist B (Toxicology), Assistant Employment Officer – Advertisement 7/ 2019
Personality Test / Interview for UPSC Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) AC(Exe) LDC Exam 2019