SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS
Download Circular Safety in School 12.09.2017 SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS
SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS Circular Safety in School 12.09.2017
- Annexure-1 (09.10.2014)
- Annexure-2 (16.02.2004)
- Annexure-3 (26.07.2004)
- Annexure-4 (14.07.2009)
- Annexure-5 (05.04.2010)
- Annexure-6 (08.06.2012)
- Annexure-7 (13.03.2013)
- Annexure-8 (06.02.2014)
- Annexure-9 (09.03.2015)
- Annexure-10 (31.10.2016)
- Annexure-11 (23.02.2017)
- As the children are spending most of their time in school, the concern of parents about the safety of school children is increasing every other day regarding their physical safety, mental & emotional health or child abuse owing to increasing incidents involving safety and wellbeing of school children. The onus for safety and security of children in school campus shall solely lie upon the school authorities. It is a fundamental right of a child to engage and study in an environment where he/she feels safe and is free from any form of physical or emotional abuse or harassment.
- Moreover, the schools should also strive to promote a better understanding amongst their teachers and staff on the laws protecting the safety, security and interests of the students and device means to take immediate remedial and punitive action against such violations. The staff members should also be educated to recognize their protective obligation towards students and to ensure safety and well being of children in schools.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India has issued a comprehensive set of guidelines vide D. O. letter No. 10-11/2014-EE.4 dated 09.10.2014 (Annexure-1) regarding preventive mechanisms and procedures for institutionalizing a system to ensure safety and security of children in schools.
- The Board has also from time to time issued instructions to implement and sensitize the schools for ensuring the safety and security of students during school time and while in transit to school and back home (please see reference quoted above).
- These exhaustive provisions are required to be strictly followed by every school affiliated with CBSE to ensure complete safety of school children in school. In addition, the school authorities may immediately take following measures to enhance the security of children in Schools:
- Get the security /safety audit done of their premises and personnel from their respective local police station and follow the security related advice for the safety of School children. This may be complied and reported online on CBSE website cbse.nic.in within 2 months of receipt of this circular.
- Install CCTV Cameras at all vulnerable areas/point in the School premises and ensure they are functional at all times.
- They must get the police verification and psychometric evaluation done for all the staff employed. Such verification and evaluation for non-teaching staff such as, bus drivers, conductors, peon and other support staff may be done very carefully and in a detailed manner.
- Ensure that supporting staff is employed only from authorized agencies and proper records are maintained.
- To constitute a parent-teacher-students committee to address the safety needs of the students and to take regular feedback from parents in this regard.
- The access to school building by outsiders should be controlled and visitors monitored.
- To provide training and development for staff to address their responsibilities to protect children from any form of abuse.
- The school shall constitute separate committees for redressal of public/staff/parents/students grievances, Internal Complaints committee on sexual harassment and committees under POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offence) Act, 2012 and details of the these committees along with contact details shall be displayed prominently on School Notice Board and conspicuously on the school website for information of all stakeholders.
- It is reiterated, that all schools affiliated with CBSE are hereby directed to strictly adhere to all the guidelines issued by MHRD and Board from time to time. Any violation/lapses with regard to safety and well being of children in school campus would invite appropriate action including the disaffiliation of the school as per the provisions under Affiliation Bye-Laws of the Board.
CBSE Class 10 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023
CBSE Class 10 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023 Download PDF CBSE Class 10 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023 Exam Date Subjects February 15, 2023 Painting, Rai, Gurung, Tamang, Sherpa, Thai February 16, 2023 Retail, Security, Automotive, Introduction to fin.markets, Introduction to tourism, Beauty and wellness, Agriculture, ...
CBSE Class 12 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023
CBSE Class 12 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023 Updated, Revised Download PDF CBSE Class 12 DateSheet For Board Exams 2022 – 2023 ...
Class 12 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23, New 12th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern
Class 12 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23, New 12th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern CBSE Sample Papers Class 12 2022-23 with New 12th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern. Official Class 12 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23 Free PDF Download. Class XII Sample Question Paper & Marking Scheme for Exam 2022-23 Subject Sample ...
Class 10 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23, New 10th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern
Class 10 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23, New 10th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern CBSE Sample Papers Class 10 2022-23 with New 10th Board Exam Question Paper Pattern. Official Class 10 CBSE Sample Papers 2022-23 Free PDF Download. Class X Sample Question Paper & Marking Scheme for Exam 2022-23 Subject Sample ...
CBSE Assessment and Evaluation Practices Session 2022-23
Assessment and Evaluation Practices Session 2022-23 National Education Policy 2020 has affirmed the need to move from rote to competency- based learning. This will equip the learners with key competencies to meet the challenges of the 21st century proactively. Accordingly, the Board has taken multiple steps towards the implementation of ...
CBSE Syllabus Class 11 2022-2023, Official 11th CBSE Syllabus PDF Download
CBSE Syllabus Class 11 2022-2023, Official 11th CBSE Syllabus Accountancy, Biology, Bio Technology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering Graphics, Entrepreneurship, Fine Arts, Dance, Geography, History, Home Science, Infomatics Practices, Knowledge Tradition – Practices India, Legal Studies, Maths, Applied Maths, NCC, Physical Education, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology PDF ...