SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualification
SSC GD Constable has eligibility criteria for the candidates to be able to attempt the SSC GD Constable on the basis of Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualification, Detailed information about GD Constable Eligibility Criteria on Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualification is given below.
NATIONALITY/ CITIZENSHIP SSC GD Constable
Candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies are state/ UT wise hence a candidate must submit domicile/ PRC against his/ her state/ UT.
Age Limit SSC GD Constable
18 -23 years as on 01.08.2018. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1995 and later than 01.08.2000.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for SC, ST, OBC, Ex -Servicemen and other categories of persons in accordance with the Governments orders on the subject.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth and Name as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age and name. No subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Ex-servicemen who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Government in Group ‘C’ posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to ex-servicemen for their re-employment are not eligible for fee concession or for claiming benefits of reservation under ExS category. However, they are eligible for age relaxation.
- The period of “Call up Service” of an Ex-Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for the purpose of age relaxation.
- For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post/ Service, the status of ex-serviceman and/ or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement with the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the CLOSING DATE of receipt of applications i.e. 20.08.2018.
- Age concession/ reservation is not admissible to sons, daughters and dependents of ex-servicemen. Therefore such candidates should not indicate their category as ex-servicemen.
Explanation-1: An ‘ex-serviceman’ means a person:
- Who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension; or
- who has been relieved from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- who has been released from such service as a result of reduction in establishment;
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request, or by way of dismissal, or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, namely, pension holders for continuous embodied service or broken spells of qualifying service;
- Personnel of the Army Postal Service who are part of Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service without reversion to their parent service with pension, or are released from the Army Postal service on medical grounds attributable to or aggravated by military service or circumstance beyond their control and awarded medical or other disability pension;
- Personnel, who were on deputation in Army Postal Service for more than six months prior to the 14th April, 1987;
- Gallantry award winners of the Armed forces including personnel of Territorial Army;
- Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension.
Explanation-2: The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service, would come under the category of ex-serviceman may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified term of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
Explanation-3: Children means
- son (including adopted son) or
- daughter (including adopted daughter) Dependent family member means
- spouse or
- children or
- brother or sister in the case of unmarried victim who was wholly dependent on that victim at the time of his getting killed in the riots would be eligible. In order to be eligible for upper age relaxation in the category 04/ 05/ 06, the applicant should produce a certificate to that effect from the concerned District Collector/ District Magistrate wherein the victim was killed.
PROCESS OF CERTIFICATION AND FORMAT OF CERTIFICATES:
- Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved/ or seek age-relaxation are required to submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, when such certificates are sought by concerned CAPFs for document verification at the time of DME. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST /OBC / ExS category will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under General (UR) category. The formats of the certificates are annexed with the Notice of Examination. A person seeking appointment on the basis of reservation to OBCs must ensure that he/ she possesses the caste/ community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the crucial date. The crucial date for this purpose will be the closing date for receipt of online applications i.e. on 20.08.2018. Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- Candidates are warned that they may be permanently debarred from the examinations conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC/ ST/ OBC/ ExS status.
- Candidates will be considered for recruitment in their respective State/ UT on production of valid “Domicile/ Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC)” issued by the competent authority so authorized by the concerned State/ UT to prove their domiciliary status at the time of Documents Verification failing which his/ her candidature will be cancelled forthwith. The Domicile/ PRC certificate must be of the State/ UT indicated by the candidates in their online Application Form, failing which, their candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
- Since the State of Assam is not issuing Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Residence Certificate, candidates belonging to the state of Assam are not required to submit the same. However, their selection will be subject to verification of residential status from the concerned District Authorities.
- West Pakistani Refugees (WPR) who have settled in J&K but have not been given the status of citizens of the State will be recruited without the condition of having a domicile certificate from the designated authority of the J&K State. However such candidates will be required to submit a Nativity/ Identity certificate for the WPR as per Annexure-XIV.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (as on 01.08.2018)
Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University.
- Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as on 01.08.2018 will not be eligible and need not apply.
- The candidates must bring all relevant documents/ certificates in original with self attested copies pertaining to age, education, caste, domicile, hill area, any category for relaxation, No Objection Certificate (NOC)/ discharge certificate (in case of ex-servicemen), which will be checked/ verified at the time of DME by CAPF Board.
- The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cutoff date i.e. 01.08.2018 and he/ she has been declared passed, will be considered to have the requisite Educational Qualification.