The UPSC Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2019 shall be conducted according to the following Exam Pattern/ Scheme Of Studies / Plan.
Part 1 – Written examination in the subjects as set out below.
Part 2 – Interview/ Personality Test of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2019 Exam Pattern – Written exam, Interview/ Personality Test Syllabus
Part 1: Written examination for Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2019 Exam
The following will be the subjects for the written examination, for selection to the post of Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist Group ‘A’ in GSI and Junior Hydro-geologist (Scientist ‘B’), Group ‘A’ for Central Ground Water Board.
|1.||General English (common for all category)||3 hrs||100|
Category – 1 For the post of Geologist
|2.||Geology Paper I||3 hrs||200|
|3.||Geology Paper II:||3 hrs||200|
|4.||Geology Paper III:||3 hrs||200|
|Category – 2 For the post of Geophysicist|
|2.||Geophysics Paper I:||3 hrs||200|
|3.||Geophysics Paper II:||3 hrs||200|
|4.||Geophysics Paper III:||3 hrs||200|
Category – 3 For the post of Chemist
|2||Chemistry Paper I:||3 hrs||200|
|3||Chemistry Paper II:||3 hrs||200|
|4||Chemistry Paper III:||3 hrs|
Category – 4 For the Post of Jr. Hydrogeologist
|2 .||Geology Paper I||3 hrs||200|
|3 .||Geology Paper II||3 hrs||200|
- Candidates competing for selection to the posts of Geologist, Geophysicist,
- Chemist and Junior Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects mentioned against respective category above.
- Candidates competing for selection for both the posts of Geologist and Jr. Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects mentioned against Categories 1 and 4 above.
- If any candidate failed to appear in any one or more of above papers, meant for written examination for selection to the post of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, their candidature shall stand rejected and part of written examination appeared by him/her shall not be evaluated and counted for any purpose.
- THE EXAMINATION IN ALL THE SUBJECTS WILL BE OF CONVENTIONAL (ESSAY) TYPE.
- All Question papers must be answered in English. The Question Papers will be set in English only.
- The standard and syllabus of the examination will be as shown in the Schedule.
Part 2: Interview/ Personality Test for Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2019 Exam
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/ her career. The object of the interview is to assess his/her suitability for the posts
for which he/she has competed. Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assessing the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.
Latest Posts & Updates:
UPSC Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2019 Exam Pattern – Written exam, Interview/ Personality Test Syllabus
- On the basis of the result of the written part of the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination-2018 held by the Union Public Service Commission in June & ...