SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria , SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 10+2 Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualification
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam has eligibility criteria for the candidates to be able to attempt the CHSL exam on the basis of Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualification, Detailed information about CHSL Eligibility Criteria on Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualification:
SSC CHSL Age Limits
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-08-2019 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001).
- Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories are as under:
|Code No.||Category||Age- relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|05||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||05 years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||08 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||Up to 40 years of age|
|14||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces.||Up to 45 years of age|
|15||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST).||Up to 50 years of age|
|16||Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies )||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.|
- Candidates should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate only will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Ex-Servicemen who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Government in Group „C‟ & „D‟ posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to ex-servicemen for their re-employment are not eligible for reservation in ESM category and fee concession. However, he/ she can avail of the benefit of reservation as ex-serviceman for subsequent employment if he/ she immediately after joining civil employment, given self-declaration/ undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of applications for various vacancies for which he/ she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment as mentioned in the OM No. 36034/1/2014-Estt (Res) dated 14th August 2014 issued by DoP&T.
- The period of “Call up Service” of an Ex-Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for purpose of age relaxation as per rules.
- For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post/ Service the status of ex-servicemen or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date for receipt of applications (i.e. 05.04.2019). Such candidates must also acquire the status of an ex-serviceman within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date of receipt of application (i.e. 05.04.2019).
SSC CHSL Nationality
- A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after, the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/ her by the Government of India.
Educational Qualifications (As on 01-08-2019):
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the University Grants Commission.
- As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-I (2)(p), the programmes in engineering are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
- Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01-08-2019 will also be eligible.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-08-2019, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date i.e. 01-08-2019 and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- In case of the candidates possessing equivalent educational qualification, such candidates shall also produce relevant Equivalence Certificate from the concerned authorities at the time of Document Verification. However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the concerned User Departments.
CHSL Exam Dates – SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 10+2 Last Date of Application
- Dates for submission of online applications: 05.03.2019 to 05.04.2019
- Last date for receipt of application: 05.04.2019 (up to 5.00 P.M.)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 09.04.2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019
- Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): 29.09.2019