CBSE has announced Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2019. Registration open for CTET exam to be conducted on 7th July, 2019. Online Applications can be submitted for CTET – July, 2019 ‘ON-LINE’ through CTET
website www.ctet.nic.in w.e.f. 05-02-2019 to 05-03-2019.
Important Dates for CTET 2019
Download Official Information Brochure for CTET 2019
Click here to download the Information Brochure for CTET 2019 contains all the important information relating to CTET 2019 including instructions for making online application, important dates and notes for applicants, categories and reservations, eligibility criteria, subjects and syllabus etc.
How To Apply
(a) Authentication Form:
Fill details like State, Identification type (select any Identity as applicable), Candidate’s Name, and Date of Birth and Gender.
(b) Fill Online Application Form:
Fill complete online Application Form and choose password. After submission, a Registration Number/Application Number gets generated. Note down the Registration No./Application No. For subsequent login, system generated Registration No. /Application No. and chosen Password will be used.
Password Policy will be as follows:
- Password must be 8 to 13 characters long.
- Password must have at least one Upper case, one lower case alphabet and one numeric value and at least one special characters!@#$%^&*-
- Candidate can change the passwords after login, if desired. New Password cannot be identical to any of the previous three passwords.
- Candidate is advised not to disclose or share the password with anybody. Neither CTET nor NIC will be responsible for violation or misuse of the password of a candidate.
- Candidate should log out at the end of their session so that the contents of the application cannot be tampered by unauthorized persons.
(c) Online Uploading of Scanned Images:
- Uploading of scanned Photo and Signature are mandatory.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 to 100 KB
- Image Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Size of scanned signature should be between 3 to 30 KB.
- Image Dimension of signature should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (height).
The candidates are advised to keep the scanned images of latest photograph and signature of the candidates ready in JPG format and as per the size and dimension specified, before applying online.
The scanned image of latest photograph is required to upload to avoid the inconvenience at centre, as this photograph will be matched with the actual candidate appearing in the examination.
(d) Pay Examination Fee:
Fee Details for CTET – July, 2019 are as follows:
- General/OBC Rs.700/- (Only Paper I or II ) Rs.1200/- (Both Paper I & II)
- SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person Rs.350/- (Only Paper I or II ) Rs.600/- (Both Paper I & II)
GST as applicable will be charged extra by the Bank
Mode of Payment:
- Remittance through E-Challan by depositing the prescribed fee in CTET Exam Fee Account
with Syndicate Bank or Canara Bank.
- – Payment by Syndicate Bank e-Challan
- – Payment by Canara Bank e-Challan
- By Online-mode (Payment by Debit Card / Credit Card).
(e) Downloading of Confirmation Page:
Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page for record and keep it for their reference. The Confirmation Page is not required to be sent to CTET Unit.
The following persons are eligible for appearing in the CTET.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V: Primary Stage
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
“Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)”
“(a) who has acquired the qualification or Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatory undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two year of such appointment as primary teacher”.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by
whatever name known).
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
Any candidate having qualified B.Ed. Programme recognized by the NCTE is eligible to appear in TET/CTET. Moreover, as per the existing TET guidelines circulated vide NCTE letter dated 11-02-2011, a person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010 is also qualified to appear in the TET/CTET.
Exam Pattern for CTET 2019
All questions in CTET will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), with four alternatives out of which one answer will be most appropriate. Each carrying one mark and there will be no negative marking.
There will be two papers of CTET.
(i) Paper I will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes I to V.
(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Admit Cards for CTET 2019
- The candidates may download Admit Card from CTET official website and appear for the examination at the given Centre. In case of any discrepancy noticed in admit card regarding particulars of candidate, photograph and signature or any other information vary from confirmation page, he/she may immediately contact CTET Unit for necessary corrections.
- In case confirmation page is not generated after depositing the requisite fees, the candidate should approach the Joint Secretary (CTET), CTET Unit, CBSE between 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. from 14-03-2019 to 20-03-2019 along with proof of payment of fee i.e. candidate copy of E-Challan, if payment made through E-Challan for considering his/her candidature for CTET – JULY-2019 examination.
- The candidates shall report at the Examination Centre 90 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Candidate report at the examination centre after 9:30 AM shall not be allowed to sit in Paper-I and candidate report after 2:00 PM shall not be allowed to sit in Paper-II.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.