SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Scheme Of Examination
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Scheme Of Examination
Computer Based Examination (Dates of examination will be intimated in due course).
All candidates whose online applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination (CBE). The Computer based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks, with the following composition:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration/ Time Allowed|
|Part-A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||90 Minutes|
|Part-B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part -C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part -D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
Note: All questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The computer based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
The syllabus for the Examination will be as follows:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- English/ Hindi: Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.
The questions in all the above components will be of Matriculation level.
- Candidates are not permitted to use mobile phone, calculators, Bluetooth devices or any other electronic/ electrical device. Therefore candidates must not bring mobile phone, calculators or any other electronic/ electrical device inside the examination hall. Possession of these items, whether in use or otherwise, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the examination and appropriate action will be taken by the Commission against such candidates, as per extant policy of the Commission.
- Answer Keys, in due course after the written examination, will be placed on Commission’s website. Any representation regarding answer keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the answer keys will be scrutinized and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer keys shall be entertained, afterwards.
- The dates of Computer Based Examination are subject to change and in such event, the new dates will be notified through Commission’s website and the Admit Cards for the examination will be available to be downloaded accordingly.
- Mock-Test for Computer Based Examination will be made available on the Commission’s website in due course.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Based on the performance in CBE, candidates will be shortlisted for PET/ PST by the Commission. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) will be conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility/ documents will be undertaken at the time of DME. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidates to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for CBE/ PST/ PET. During PET/ PST, candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric/ technology aided identification. Scrutiny of eligibility of candidates for any relaxation i.e. age, height and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
|For Male candidates||For Female candidates|
|Race||5 Kms in 24 minutes.||1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes|
- For candidates of Ladakh Region:
Male 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
Female 800 metres in 4 minutes
- Pregnancy at the time of PET will be considered a disqualification and pregnant female candidates shall be rejected at this stage.
- The Ex-servicemen who will be shortlisted in Computer Based Examination will have to appear in PET/PST stage for recording measurement of height, chest and weight only. PET will not be held for these Ex-servicemen candidates. Further, they will have to qualify medical Examination (DME)
Physical Standard Test (PST):
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable/Rifleman are:
|a. Height:||Height (in cms)|
|General, SC & OBC candidates (except those mentioned below)||170||157|
Weight: For male and female candidates: Proportionate to height and age as per medical
- Chest measurement for Female candidates will not be taken. However, it should be ascertained that the chest is well developed.
- Scrutiny of eligibility of candidates for relaxations i.e. age, height and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards. Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate at the time of PST/ PET in the proforma as prescribed in Annexure-VIII from the competent authorities.
- The candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest may prefer an appeal on same day, if they so desire, to the Appellate Authority nominated for the Centre through Presiding Officer (PO). The decision of the Appellate Authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained thereafter. There is no appeal in PET (Race).
- Conduct of PST/ PET and DME/ RME will be the sole responsibility of the CAPFs. The Commission will not entertain any representation/ appeal/ RTI Applications/ CPGRAMs against the decision of the PST/ PET and DME/ RME Board.
Candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) from the pool of candidates who qualify PET/ PST. At the time of DME, following documents will be verified:
- Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name and educational qualification.
- Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority.
- Certificate from serving defense personnel in the format prescribed at Annexure-IV of the notice.
- Undertaking in the format prescribed in Annexure-V from Ex-Servicemen candidates regarding completion of engagement in Armed Forces.
- Caste Certificate in the format prescribed at Annexure-VI and VII of the notice from the candidates seeking reservation/ age relaxation.
- Certificate from candidates who wish to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement as prescribed in Annexure-VIII of the notice.
- Certificate from District Collector/ District Magistrate in respect of dependent applicants of riot victims as mentioned in category 04/ 05/ 06 under Para-4 (B) of the Notice.
- Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee in the format prescribed at Annexure-XIV of the notice.
The selected candidates will be medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness as prescribed hereinafter: