SSC JE Age Limits Relaxations Junior Engineer Exam General, SC, ST, OBC
Relaxations for SSC Junior Engineer Exam for General, SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped (PH), Ex-Servicemen, Central Govt., Widows/Divorced, Defence Personnel and other SSC JE Age Limits are given in detail below:
An ex-Serviceman means a person:-
- who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non combatant in the Regular Army,
Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension, or
- who has been relieved from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension:
- who has been released from such service as a result of reduction in establishment. Or
- who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request, or by way of dismissal, or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity, and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, namely pension holders for continuous embodied service or broken spells of qualifying service.
- personnel of the Army Postal Service who are part of Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service without reversion to their parent service with pension, or are released from the Army Postal Service on medical grounds attributable to or aggravated by military service or circumstance beyond their control and awarded medical or other disability pension.
- Personnel, who were on deputation in Army Postal Service for more than six months prior to the 14th April, 1987.
- Gallantry award winners of the Armed forces including personnel of Territorial Army.
- Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension.
- Process of certification and format of certificates:
Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age-relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, whenever such certificates are sought by concerned Regional / Sub-Regional Offices at the time of Document Verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH (PWD)/ ExS status will not be entertained and their candidature / applications will be considered under General (UR) category. The formats of the certificates are annexed. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. A person seeking appointment on the basis of reservation to OBCs must ensure that he/she possesses the caste / community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the crucial date. The crucial date for this purpose will be the closing date for receipt of online application i.e. 17-11-2017.
Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Appointing Authority.
Candidates are cautioned that they may be permanently debarred from the examination conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH(PwD) status.
Related Posts : SSC JE Junior Engineer Exam
Status Report as on 19.09.2019 of Results to be declared by SSC – Staff Selection Commission
SSC JE Vacancy Announced, Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts)
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019 Released, Junior Engineer Exam Scheme
SSC JE Syllabus 2019 Released, Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus
SSC JE Age Limits 2019 Released, Junior Engineer Exam Relaxations in Age Limits
SSC Annual Calendar 2019 – 2020, All Exam dates 1st January, 2019 to 31st March 2020